Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bathroom flooring ideas?

Default bathroom flooring ideas?

I need to replace the flooring in the bathroom.
    The bathroom is quite large and has 3 steps down to where the shower cubicle and corner bath is which is making decisions difficult.
    I want the flooring all the same...only clear idea is no carpet and it has to be non slip when wet and easy cleaned!
    What can be used in the steps?
    At the moment the sink/toilet and steps are carpet(nightmare with kids as its soggy quite often) and the bottom is wood laminate which is slippy when wet.
    Its the steps thats causing the flooring dillemas...ie can you use vinyl on steps without splitting and tiling will be a nightmare of a job!
    Any ideas on flooring solutions?
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

You could use vinyl but you would have to use a nosing on edge of step to finish. Plowman's Carpets in Wick have samples of nosings and vinyls and could give you a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    I need to replace the flooring in the bathroom.
    The bathroom is quite large and has 3 steps down to where the shower cubicle and corner bath is which is making decisions difficult.
    I want the flooring all the same...only clear idea is no carpet and it has to be non slip when wet and easy cleaned!
    What can be used in the steps?
    At the moment the sink/toilet and steps are carpet(nightmare with kids as its soggy quite often) and the bottom is wood laminate which is slippy when wet.
    Its the steps thats causing the flooring dillemas...ie can you use vinyl on steps without splitting and tiling will be a nightmare of a job!
    Any ideas on flooring solutions?

Will look into that !
    Thanks xxx
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Plowmans carpets are ace.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today