Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain Man

It happened again tonight. I thought about cutting the grass, I looked out the window, it had just started raining!

it's stopped now
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Wait until you see Dadies washing on the line. That means someone is going to have a bonfire. If they are having a bonfire, then they are of the opinion its not going to rain - The same conclusion Dadie came to before hanging her washing out.

Should however, that theory not work, there will still be good karma. As you think about cutting the grass, the rain will start. The bonfire will be extinguised and Dadie will not have smoky undergarments. They will however have to be put in the tumble drier, but at least they won't need to be washed again.

Everybody happy - Simples!

This is the first thread in ages to make me laugh out loud

Quote Originally Posted by sassylass View Post
    This is the first thread in ages to make me laugh out loud
    I hope it didn't make you wet your smalls - smoked or otherwise lol!

nice to have a light hearted thread once in a while ....though my washing with colour co ordinated pegs got rained on (sigh ocd) but my knickers were tumble dried and nice n dry as undies dont go on the washing line !
    The firestarters must have known it was going to get wet today
    While I was an optimist!
    But I wasnt at home to take in the washing when the rain started.....my wee boy got sand in his eye at nursery and after a trip to the chemist (Wick)then docs(Thurso) to get drops the washing was wet and needing spun again ....then tumble dried...grr
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Good, that's the washing problem, the rain problem, and the smoke problem all solved.

Now, is someone going to find a solution to the problem I have with sand ruining my mower? I'm off to Abu Dhabi soon, and I'm getting worried.

Nope..think washing problem, rain problem and smoke problem has escalated!
    Washing was duly hung out...bonfire started while I was out...then it rained to add insult to injury!
    Smokey wet washing awaited me on my return.....and the grass needs cut again!

Evidently, I spoke too soon....

I can't help you with your grass, because my mower will soon be en route to Abu Dhabi courtesy of DHL. From there it's onward to the Saudi desert by private camel train.

Perhaps I could wrap the blades in your discarded smoky drawers. You'd have to whip them off quickly and bring them down here before daybreak though....

Not wearing any drawers....
    Smoky or otherwise....
    Washing in machine redone and all washing up to date other than jammies that are being worn by everyone!
    PS my jammies are not what you are thinking ....mine are cotton cover all (neck to ankle)and cartoon printed...not french knickers and cami duo in satin!

Which cartoon characters do you have on your jammies?

Will you wear your satin cami ones tomorrow night?

How much Co2 was created making the scythe blade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    What weather would you expect if you used a scythe? Hail? As you will not be making any CO2 emissions?

Quote Originally Posted by neilsermk1 View Post
    How much Co2 was created making the scythe blade?
    Probably more than created by washing Dadie's smalls.

What's the forecast for tomorrow? My grass needs cutting....
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 21-Jun-13 at 21:37.

Think it will be the same as today...muggy, drizzly with midgies
    Not grass cutting weather or hanging out washing weather!
    Or with the way the little blood suckers like my blood and the resulting reactions my skin breaks out in (2p sized red raised lumps per bite)...not even going outside weather....unless doped to the eyeballs on antihistamines...side effects almost make suffering the bites look favourable than the treatment...

It was a beautiful day here in Symmetric Symmetry Land, but the forecast for tomorrow is indeed drizzly. How am I supposed to practise mowing the desert if it's raining?

Bucket n spade?

I've just realised that I won't need a bucket and spade if I can make it rain in the desert.

no...but intricate sandcastles could make up for a lawn that needs watered every night then mowed and fed etc..spech with water issues...a different approach to gardening might be needed!
    Zen garden?
    Where Im looking to get myself a midgie eater for us as have spent loads getting the parents one they dont use properly.....
    Therefore still eaten out at their house!
    Last edited by Dadie; 22-Jun-13 at 00:08.

There are no midgies in my garden. Rain Man and Midgie Chaser - I think I'm going to get rich quick.

The midgie is a terrible beastie
    A SCOURGE ON PEOPLE
    Eating of anyone thats tasty
    lumps n bumps it leaves in its wake
    scratching forsake!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast