Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Chris Hoy abused by ignorant biggots

Default Sir Chris Hoy abused by ignorant biggots

What a disgraceful way to treat our sporting legend!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Scotland.html

Doesnt surprise me in the least.
    Sir Chris Hoy is bang on with his statement also.

The unwashed are doing a great job of derailing their own campaign.
    Little wonder the NO camp do not do much campaigning, the YES Scotland team are doing all the work for them.
    W.A.T.P.

Its a terrible way to treat anybody. its awful that Chris Hoy is receiving this sort of treatment. I was reading yesterday that Frankie Boyle has also had this sort of thing because of his support for Independence. In fact he has had specific threats made against his family and his address published with encouragements to do him harm. I can only hope that Chris Hoys abuse doesnt become as horrid as that.

Are you sure it wasnt the disabled children and breast cancer gags that attracted the threats against him.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Its a terrible way to treat anybody. its awful that Chris Hoy is receiving this sort of treatment. I was reading yesterday that Frankie Boyle has also had this sort of thing because of his support for Independence. In fact he has had specific threats made against his family and his address published with encouragements to do him harm. I can only hope that Chris Hoys abuse doesnt become as horrid as that.
    Are you asking us for sympathy for Frankie Boyle? How much sympathy does he have for his subjects of verbal abuse? Sir Chris is a gentleman, he doesn't deserve that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

would that be the same Frankie Boyle that made sick jokes about cancer sufferers, abuse victims, black people, disabled people etc etc
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/07/franki...ccann-3530889/

I think he is lucky he hasn't been lynched

I cant stand frankie Boyle. But it never crossed my mind that its ok for people to abuse him and yet not ok for people to abuse Chris Hoy. I was sure that if you guys were condemning internet abuse you would condemn all Internet abuse. Its never acceptable to behave in such a way no matter who the victim is.

What comes around, goes around.

Oh ok - so what I thought was a serious discussion about Internet abuse and its vile insinuation into our life is only about internet abuse of those people we like!

Just so as I dont get mixed up again - who do you guys think its ok to abuse, threaten and intimidate and who do you think should be protected from that. I would hate to expect you to be consistent and fair!!!

Oh ok - so what I thought was a serious discussion about Internet abuse and its vile insinuation into our life is only about internet abuse of those people we like!

Just so as I dont get mixed up again - who do you guys think its ok to abuse, threaten and intimidate and who do you think should be protected from that. I would hate to expect you to be consistent and fair!!!
    Anyone who deals in the currency of verbal abuse deserves verbal abuse, no?

Verbal abuse within the confines of his profession yes - threats to his family and personal intimidation - no.

Internet abuse is vile and insidious and should be condemned across the board. Accepting it as ok for people like frankie Boyle and Chris Hoy makes it acceptable for everyone.

If we say we looooooooooooooooove Chris Hoy because he is so Good and shouldnt be subject to this and we haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Frankie Boyle because he is is so horrible so its ok for people to threaten his family - that doesnt make the slightest bit of sense.
    Last edited by squidge; 31-May-13 at 17:27.

And I would not repeat on here anything that has come out of Frankie Boyle's mouth in the guise of "comedy". Has it occurred to you that he does not give one iota who he hurts for a laugh? All Chris Hoy has done is give his life to his sport and won numerous gold medals for GB. He has never set out to abuse anybody - ever. The same cannot be said for Frankie Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Anyone who deals in the currency of verbal abuse deserves verbal abuse, no?
    Actually no. That sort of tit for tat should have been left behind in the playground. Abuse has no place on the internet or anywhere else, it achieves nothing.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I cant stand frankie Boyle.
    but I guess times are hard and the yes campaign cant afford to be too fussy who it champions, after all, every vote counts eh

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Are you sure it wasnt the disabled children and breast cancer gags that attracted the threats against him.
    Yes that seems about right.
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-troll-terror/

I dont like Frankie Boyle as I have said on here many times. I dont find him funny nor much of what he says acceptable. I turn him off if he is on my television. I do like Chris Hoy who has worked hard and been an excellent role model. However I dont think it is acceptable to abuse anyone, so for the same reasons that I condemn the abuse of Chris Hoy, i also condemn the abuse of Frankie Boyle. Having been on the end of abuse ... Abuse that required reporting to the police- i know precisely how unpleasant it can be. It exists across the whole of the twittersphere and is never acceptable regardless of who it is aimed at.

I dont like Frankie Boyle as I have said on here many times. I dont find him funny nor much of what he says acceptable. I turn him off if he is on my television. I do like Chris Hoy who has worked hard and been an excellent role model. However I dont think it is acceptable to abuse anyone, so for the same reasons that I condemn the abuse of Chris Hoy, i also condemn the abuse of Frankie Boyle. Having been on the end of abuse ... Abuse that required reporting to the police- i know precisely how unpleasant it can be. It exists across the whole of the twittersphere and is never acceptable regardless of who it is aimed at.
    can you give us a link to this "Independence" abuse you mention? as I can only find reports of him being abused over "sick jokes" and football.

Squidge, how can you compare Sir Chris with that Glasgow foul mouthed unfunny nyaff?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Just to make things clear here, I in no way condone the abuse thrown at Sir Chris Hoy or Fankie Boyle.
    My post was aimed to point out that Mr Boyles method of making ends meet will attract a fair bit of critisism. Which is more likely to be the reason for the threats rather than his views on independance.

The thing that people do not apreciate though is that his comedy is not necessarily his opinion, he is basically an actor, director, producer and writer all rolled into one. Mr Boyle is actually extremely intelligent.
    He has noticed a gap in the market for his brand of crass and shocking comedy and has made himself a multi millionaire by fillng that gap.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by equusdriving View Post
    What a disgraceful way to treat our sporting legend!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Scotland.html
    Indeed.

Secessionist filth should consider their own position, for who knows what fate awaits them after their referendum is lost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast