Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A Taplin Twin Mark 1 two cylinder water cooled diesel engine

Default A Taplin Twin Mark 1 two cylinder water cooled diesel engine

A Taplin Twin Mark 1 two cylinder water cooled diesel engine,

54 years old Water cooled model diesel engine with flywheel and stand, 129.5 mm long weighs 1.10kg, used once in a 1 metre boat. I am 76 now and I made a RC boat when I was young lad, the engine has been stored with an oily rag round it in the loft and I forgot about it, moved house and found it.
    Not much use for it know, I hope someone can make use of it and give it a new lease of life , or a collector, at the moment its looks a bit tatty and needs a good cleaning and I am sure it will as good as new. brt.pat.no 747.742 and Made in. Taplin Twin Diesel - complete including original chrome flywheel Taplin Twin green head 8.00cc R/c model diesel 1959. vintage RC engine green top. Some say they are 15cc but I'm not sure
    PM me if your are interested

this engine has good compression and has only been started once.

Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CduQc_c_ec
    Note this is not my engine

Nice wee engine. Its getting a bit difficult to get the fuel for these wee diesels nowadays. Unless you can mix your own that is.

Default Taplin

Hi, do you still have this engine?