I have started to add photographs to the "What's Flying Today" section of the Moths of Caithness website at www.caithnessmoths.org.uk. If you click on the What's Flying Today link on the left hand side of the home page it will take you to a page where you can choose a particular month. For each month there is a list of the moth species that have been recorded in Caithness during that month with a small photo above the species name. If you find a moth that you can not identify I hope that the photos will help to guide you to the possibilities. Clicking on the species name will take you to the dedicated species page where you will find more details.

Some species do not have photographs because I do not have them. So if you have a photograph of a "missing" species of a specimen found in Caithness then I would be delighted to be able to use it.

So far I have added photos to April, May and June and plan to add them to future months before they start.

If anyone is stumped by a moth ID then either post a picture on the Biodiversity section of this forum or send me a PM and I will try to help.

Regards

Pterodroma