Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wanted trees and hedging

Default Wanted trees and hedging

Looking for trees and hedging plants to make a windbreak.

Plants or cuttings is what i am after.Thanks for suggestions,some i had not thought about.

Castletown Garden Centre have some bagged up bare-root hedging, hornbeam, beech, hawthorn and rosa rugosa....but it depends how much you want. I think they're rooted slips in bags of 10. They also have a few pot grown trees, but they're quite expensive.

pultneytown garden centre does good trees, my friend wanted some for a wind break and i believe she has bought quite a few trees from there just two or three months ago.

Default Bushes and trees

Check the internet. Ebay have around 200 hawthorn bushes for 50 quid or thereabouts as I was planning some for myself. Hope that helps

Thanks,will take a look

Have a peek at this site:

http://store.ashridgetrees.co.uk/SHO...ge-Fruit-Packs

I bought some coastal packs and extras earlier this winter and was pleased with the service and the whips were all strong and healthy. I do like Roy's idea of growing from seed if you have the time though.