Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Anyone ever played the market bar, Inverness?

Default Anyone ever played the market bar, Inverness?

If anyone has any recent experience of the Market Bar, can u tell me what sort of house PA they have? and is it any good? want to save space on the journey down by leaving our PA at home.

Would it not make sense to contact the venue?

Played there many a time. The P.A. (last time I was there) was a small Peavey rig. Tiny, in fact. But you have to bear in mind that the Market Bar is the size of a rabbit hutch. Or, compact as an Edinburgh estate agent might say. The locals there love live music and always give bands a fair crack of the whip. You will enjoy it. I just hope your drummer has a tiny kit!

Don't think there is a drummer Pepsi

Never played but this brings back memories of my younger days, I loved the place and you could go there guaranteed a great gig. It is tiny but great atmoshphere but usually the crowd were very far gone if you know what I mean. At one time anyone could bring a guitar along and play. There and the gellions. Be nice to hear how you get on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post

Oh there is my friend! They are in for a shock

Oh yes there is!!!

Its the big mac on drums and yes pepsi he has a set of arbiter flats to thump so we're sorted for a small kit. I seen fotos of the place the other day and most of our crew are coming down too so we'll be lucky if we can fit anyone from inverness in!

PS Jeid. Calum is the person who is in contact with the bar and all he knew was that there was a PA there but didnt ask bout its capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Played there many a time. The P.A. (last time I was there) was a small Peavey rig. Tiny, in fact. But you have to bear in mind that the Market Bar is the size of a rabbit hutch. Or, compact as an Edinburgh estate agent might say. The locals there love live music and always give bands a fair crack of the whip. You will enjoy it. I just hope your drummer has a tiny kit!
    Will the PA do for just vocals? we're basically just doing an acoustic set if that gives u an idea of what volume we're goin for?

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Oh there is my friend! They are in for a shock
    My lord... the cider can throwing ned(this statement will have relevance in a month or so... take note) is gonna be on the stool again? Awesome!

Just give them a ring Moncur... I'm sure they'll be helpful enough in telling you what's available.

Tony Macphee, guitarist of note, was booked to play there, took one look and left. Good luck.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Tony Macphee, guitarist of note, was booked to play there, took one look and left. Good luck.
    OK, bit miffed as too why. we're basically just tryin to get ourselves known in inverness with this first gig.

Nivir heid eh owld salt. Just go doon, plug in and have a good time. You will.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    OK, bit miffed as too why. we're basically just tryin to get ourselves known in inverness with this first gig.
    Tony Macphee has played some of the biggest gigs in the world and the Market didn't meet his specifications. A fussy chap. I last played the Market in 1974 as a duo and it was cramped. Good young crowd these days and it is a good intro to Inverness. Have fun!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

When is the gig?

Quote Originally Posted by lagertops View Post
    When is the gig?
    Saturday 28th April. Not for some time, I know. But i need to get posters arranged etc.

Hope to see u there

My lord... the cider can throwing ned(this statement will have relevance in a month or so... take note) is gonna be on the stool again? Awesome!

Just give them a ring Moncur... I'm sure they'll be helpful enough in telling you what's available.

How a month?

All shall be revealed!

All shall be revealed!

Fair enough. I can wait.