Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Where's your fav dog walk

Default Where's your fav dog walk

Where about in Caithness (and beyond) do you take your pooch for his daily stroll?

I'm a regular Dunnet forest trekker.
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

We usually just walk about where we live, but for a change of scenery and doggie smells we go to Dunbeath Strath or if we are heading to Inverness it has to be the Big Burn walk at Golspie. It was closed last time we passed after the high winds knocked trees down though. Dunnet forest is good too, Newton hill was a bit mucky last time we were up so haven't bothered with it much lately. Really wish other dog owners would pick up and stop giving the rest of us a bad name
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

We just walk Benjy near to home so either go down the road at Sandend, Reiss and carry on towards Ackergill Tower. It is lovely as you can enjoy the fresh air and watch the seabirds without getting all covered in sand!

The other is down a country road to the Strath at Sibster.

Mind you all these roads are so mucky just now that we have to go a walk just down the road from us. Can't even do that just now as we will get blown away!!!

Roll on Summer!!!

Broubster Forest is good, no worries about traffic or other people, been loads of times and hardly ever meet anyone else and the dogs are free to run around off the lead, just watch out for them drowning in the puddles!

i take him a run round olrig. he loves ta run
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Broubster Forest is good, no worries about traffic or other people, been loads of times and hardly ever meet anyone else and the dogs are free to run around off the lead, just watch out for them drowning in the puddles!

Lovely photo!

S'cuse ignorance but where is Broubster Forest?

i just walk my 3 near where i live. its great, no need for leads and hardly any traffic on the single track road. also like driving up the hill in the land rover and they run behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Lovely photo!

S'cuse ignorance but where is Broubster Forest?
    out towards Shebster and then go down the Brabsterdorran road - goes for miles and comes out somewhere the back of Reay i think!

i like Newtonhill too. and yes it is a bit mucky sometimes but i'm afraid thats par for the course on dog routes! sad but true. all hail the person who emptys the dog poo bin!

looking for a few walks suitable for taking the pram as well please.

more info on the olrig one please as thats my end of the county.

love the photos too! they look well happy doggies!
    I am the sundance kid, coming to you with a groove and a positive

My dawgs favorite blast is along Castletown / Dunnet beach. They just can't get enough of the sand dunes, just run up and down, really good exercise for them and me!

We love taking our dogs to Melvich or Strathy Beach. There is another walk if I want to go out for several hours along Strath Halladale

I like camore woods in dornoch or ferrycroft at lairg or ravens rock at rosehall. theres a giant wood carving of a grizzly bear there.