Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Birdwatching Wick Area

Default Birdwatching Wick Area

Hi, will be spending a couple of days in the Wick area in mid May. Any help with suggested birding sites around Wick would be greatly appreciated. Very many thanks, Dave.

Cape Wrath, Duncansby Head, Forsinard are all good places to visit, sea birds at the first 2 and Forsinard is inland and apparantly has quite number of different species. I hope you don't mind me asking, are you from Bristol? My cousin, whom I haven't seen for years was touring Scotland this year.

..."Cape Wrath"...Oh aye, that's the Wick area!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Thanks for info, much appreciated, will be up on North coast later that week. Am looking for possible sites a bit closer to Wick for these couple of days. Not from Bristol, even more Southerly than there ! Thanks, Dave.

Wick river and harbour areas. Also sea cliffs around the Castle of Oldwick teem with seabirds come nesting time. All within walking distance.
    Knowledge talks - Wisdom listens

Noss Head; Ackergill Harbour; Watten all great areas with different species.

Dunnet Head; Brough harbour; St Johns Pool, Dunnet; Castletown harbour; Harrow harbour; Loch of Mey. Are some of my favourite haunts.
    Thanks
    Catherine

Catherine and co, Very many thanks for information. Much appreciated. Dave.

Anything particular you are looking for?
    Away with the birds

No, nothing in particular. Maybe Purple Sandpipers if they haven't already left. Dave.

Sorry for Late reply, Yes I think the purps may be off but if I see any I will let you know.
    Away with the birds