Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Migrants coming and going

Default Migrants coming and going

Some bird movement at last.

Going: flocks of geese were leaving last night and early this morning heading NW over Dunnet Head.

Coming: Whimbrel at Corsback and Willow Warblers singing at Brough and Dunnet Forest.

Spring must have arrived! But still I have not seen a Swallow.

Pterodroma

Swallows are around saw 2 last sunday
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

I saw a dozen or so swallows up the mall yesterday. They were fluttering about above me as if it was mid summer. I got the impression they had just arrived from somewhere and were getting their bearings.

swallows at freswich

Our Swallows just arrived today, as did as both House and Sand Martins. (First time they have all arrived back on the same day)
    I did see a swallow at Dunnet Links on Friday, as well as 5 Sandwich Terns at Castlehill the same day and we had a Willow Warbler in the garden on Thursday.

Plenty Pinkfeet geese moving around the Scrabster Loch/Hill of Forse area, a few great Northern divers in the bay but I have not seen a skua yet.
    Away with the birds

Skua today at Thurso East