Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Seagull damage

Default Seagull damage

Can anyone suggest how to deter seagulls from pecking huge holes in my polytunnel roof - it's looking like a teabag - full of perforations!!!!
    Legal methods to get rid of them PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you could buy the spikey stuff you see on buildings roofs for keeping birds off?
    They can't land then.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Or an eagle owl dummy?
    Or thin wire /string crisscrossed above the tunnel to make it difficult to land?
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Seems a bit odd, are they trying to get at something inside, you haven't used fish manure?
    Perhaps create a smell inside which they don't like, some smelly herbs perhaps or burn some paper to creat a smoky smell.

personally id scare em off and while their in the air id blast the flying rats with a 12 bore shotgun, preferably a 5 shot repeater.

iv e got a personal grudge toward s them . the old fool across the street feeds them three times a day every day. now their colonising.

aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhh . car .. drive....house window s grrr .

ps/ we are in the flight path for take off.

i'd be calling the council if any of my neighbours were encouraging and feeding vermin 3 times a day....

i asked her nicely to stop it . but. wasting my time. would the council do anything about it , were in a private area.

Default environmental officers

get in touch with environmental officers at the council. Does not matter if it is private, council, housing partnerships etc they are duty bound to visit and offer advice but would photo/video person feeding and show ensuing damage. Plastic owl in very prominent position - on top of strainer seems to be working for neighbour in deterring other flying pests, stops chickens being attacked by ravens and other flying predators and hens are laying eggs in a normal pattern now.