Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret Thatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Hahaha1 Try intimidating someone else son, it won't work with me.
    Are you really that delusional ? No ones tried intimidating you ! Up or change your meds they aren't working

Typical right-winger, can't handle being on the losing end of an argument and so threatens violence instead.
    So we shall ignore histories list of cant win an argument lefties and resort to violence err Stalin, Mao, Pol and Oooh isn't that North Korean chap wanting to nuke everyone a left winger. Nuff said comrade Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    So we shall ignore histories list of cant win an argument lefties and resort to violence err Stalin, Mao, Pol and Oooh isn't that North Korean chap wanting to nuke everyone a left winger. Nuff said comrade Flynn
    Do you really want the thread to descend into Godwinism?
    Radical, Man!

Do you really want the thread to descend into Godwinism?
    I refuse to use that to justify anything but nice attempt by you try !

Well if you're going to start naming commie dictators it's only fair we mention the worst dictator and genocidal maniac in all history...
    Radical, Man!

Well if you're going to start naming commie dictators it's only fair we mention the worst dictator and genocidal maniac in all history...
    I think you'll find that Uncle Joseph Stalin and Chairman Mao successfully managed to slaughter millions of their own countrymen behind closed doors you'll find history has rewritten the worst genocidal maniac of all time handbook and they feature right up the top now. The reality is genocidal maniacs use politics as a means to an end extremists of any persuasion are a bad thing And as for your mention of godwinism.While falling afoul of Godwin's law tends to cause the individual making the comparison to lose their argument or credibility, Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate

Having served in the armed forces during that time I respectfully suggest unless you served in the armed forces and saw combat in the Falklands you do not disrespect those who died names to glorify your political beliefs !
    I am not disrespecting the fallen at all, I am just pointing out that her government sent hundreds of RN personell to the Falklands with their redundancy notices in their lockers, many were on terminal leave and were called back to man the Armada that was sent down.I wonder how many came back to collect their redundancy And yes I was a member of the forces in those days, a Royal Naval Reservist, but I never saw combat at that time, I did however serve at MOD HQ, but can tell you no more.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

German fascist dictator about 17 million civiliansRussian Communist dictator about 26 million civilians And you're saying the German was worse ?

No. The worst was probably Hong Xiuquan.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

I think you'll find that Uncle Joseph Stalin and Chairman Mao successfully managed to slaughter millions of their own countrymen behind closed doors you'll find history has rewritten the worst genocidal maniac of all time handbook and they feature right up the top now. The reality is genocidal maniacs use politics as a means to an end extremists of any persuasion are a bad thing And as for your mention of godwinism.While falling afoul of Godwin's law tends to cause the individual making the comparison to lose their argument or credibility, Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate
    I mention Godwinism because it was you who resorted to it.
    Radical, Man!

[QUOTE=John Little;1019519]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    That's a good idea. Tories want a big funeral then Tories should pay for it. Not with my taxes anyway.
    Great idea, and only leftys fund the scro...er

I mention Godwinism because it was you who resorted to it.
    Nope I've still not mentioned him despite your attempts to get me to I fact you are the one who mentioned that particular regime first so if the cap fits Flynn wear it don't be so shy !

[QUOTE=ducati;1019619]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Great idea, and only leftys fund the scro...er
    Lol. The great irony of this is that you think I'm a "lefty". such a convenient label. i hope you never meet a real one.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

[QUOTE=John Little;1019621]
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Lol. The great irony of this is that you think I'm a "lefty". such a convenient label. i hope you never meet a real one.
    So do I!

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I am not disrespecting the fallen at all, I am just pointing out that her government sent hundreds of RN personell to the Falklands with their redundancy notices in their lockers, many were on terminal leave and were called back to man the Armada that was sent down.I wonder how many came back to collect their redundancy And yes I was a member of the forces in those days, a Royal Naval Reservist, but I never saw combat at that time, I did however serve at MOD HQ, but can tell you no more.
    Well if you were RN reserve you weren't there nor where you a serving member of the regular armed forces and saying you worked at MOD HQ is well laughable in the regs you'd be called a REMF which I suppose is as suitable a term as I can muster. I'm fully aware of the official secrets act and if you're as old as you suggest but still can't say anything that would say everything so don't try the James Bond I can't say anything line as its baloney used by floor sweepers to sound big down the pub !

[QUOTE=ducati;1019624]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    So do I!
    I've met a few funnily enough two arms two legs, eyes all the usual bits the same as the rest of us they really are nothing to be scared of :0)

0/4. See me.
    0/4 indeed.

Why though would you want her to come back and haunt you?
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 08-Apr-13 at 23:09. Reason: ghostly

Typical right-winger, can't handle being on the losing end of an argument and so threatens violence instead.
    Speaking of right wingers and the threat of violence, the retrodden one seems to have disappeared with his usual haste....

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    I don't think this is one of those JFK or Lady Diana moments.
    I was on the forum, and I read about it in cesare's thread entitled thatcher dies.

I bet not many can tell their grandchildren that they learned the news by reading cesare on caithness.org!

I did my celebrating as a young loon when she died as a politician on November 22, 1990. Today's event was the sad death of a sick old lady.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 09-Apr-13 at 00:13. Reason: cesare told me!

[QUOTE=RagnarRocks;1019626]
    Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    I've met a few funnily enough two arms two legs, eyes all the usual bits the same as the rest of us they really are nothing to be scared of :0)
    Yes, just my little joke. Some of my best friends and all that..

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast