Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret Thatcher

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Lots and lots of Scots people owning their own homes. The end of the cold war. The retention of the Falklands by the Falklanders. The end of tyranny in the trade union movement. Gosh I'll go and write a long list if you like? The birth of the labour party in it's current form, (probably the Lib Dems too.)
    Fine, your list will make good reading !

Lots and lots of Scots people owning their own homes. The end of the cold war. The retention of the Falklands by the Falklanders. The end of tyranny in the trade union movement. Gosh I'll go and write a long list if you like? The birth of the labour party in it's current form, (probably the Lib Dems too.)
    She was friends with and supported mass-murdering dictators such as Pinochet (Chile) and Suharto (Indonesia) as well as supporting the Apartheid regime in South Africa whilst dismissing Nelson Mandela as a terrorist. The Hilsborough cover-up, etc.

And I'm sure the current generation are equally grateful that she invested in so much affordable housing to replace the government property that she sold off... oh wait she didn't.

I can write my own list (with proper references and citations, if required).

One of a small handful of great military leaders. I'm sure our armed forces would want the opportunity to pay respects.
    Well you've nailed your colours firmly to the mast eh !

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    She was friends with and supported mass-murdering dictators such as Pinochet (Chile) and Suharto (Indonesia) as well as supporting the Apartheid regime in South Africa whilst dismissing Nelson Mandela as a terrorist. The Hilsborough cover-up, etc.

And I'm sure the current generation are equally grateful that she invested in so much affordable housing to replace the government property that she sold off... oh wait she didn't.

I can write my own list (with proper references and citations, if required).
    Knock yourself out. Really!

The end of the cold war.
    The end of the Cold War..... methinks you're wearing the rose-tinted specs

The end of tyranny in the trade union movement.
    Should that not be The end of workers' rights? Not to forget the rise of the 'Me, me, me' culture we enjoy now.

The birth of the labour party in it's current form, (probably the Lib Dems too.)
    You mean the birth of the OTHER Tory party?

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Well you've nailed your colours firmly to the mast eh !
    Blimey, I've just accused you in another thread of not paying attention. I didn't realise how true it was

Knock yourself out. Really!
    Thought you did and had just come round !! Its acceptably recognised that she supported Pinochet, apartheid etc, facts, just as you quote "acceptable" facts ie council house sales, trade union reform, the spur to redefine Labour all accepted facts etc, why dont you accept a balance here instead of using Nelsons eye !!

I don't think this is one of those JFK or Lady Diana moments. In reality, many people who, when asked if they could remember where they were when they discovered Margaret Thatcher was dead, may well have replied:-

"Why of course I can, I was standing over her body holding a smoking gun"

I see the hypocrisy wagon is gathering speed already, with Tony Blair describing her as "A towering politician"

Blimey, I've just accused you in another thread of not paying attention. I didn't realise how true it was
    Yes you know the truth as always, oh all mighty, all seeing, unforgiving one : you've given me the best laugh in years : "one of a handful of great military leaders" ( along with the dads army platoon captain ? ) lol lol

There's an army of flying monkeys just turned up at the job centre looking for a new boss.

There's a petition to say NO to a taxpayer funded funeral: https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/45966

Let people pay for it privately if they want, but don't expect the taxpayer to stump up to put it in the ground.
    Last edited by Flynn; 08-Apr-13 at 14:59.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I do not think the 255 who were killed during the Falklands war will be able to or want to pay their respects, thousand of personell went down there with their redundancy notices in their pockets. How many were able to cash them in? She cut the troops, that eventually she used to boost her own standing
    Sorry G. I really don't know how to respond to this. Are you saying we should have let the Falklands remain in Argentine hands? Or that we as a nation should not have the right to vary the strength of the Armed forces? Virtually every bit of kit sent was obsolete. Luckily, crewed, manned and operated by the most magnificent body of men and women.

Personally I'd have said to hell with it and nuked BA into a glass carpark. (That is why I'm not allowed to operate dangerous machinery. )

The meeja will no doubt try to whip up a frenzy of emotion....

Bit harsh eh ! Televise it, flog adverts, ringtones, DVD's, t shirts etc raise some dosh, the country is on its knee's, one last push from the great war leader to help get us out of "our" mess : judging by some remarks on here, the demand for souvenir DVD's will create a couple of 100 jobs at Amazon !!

Scorrie - I can't figure out Tony's anagram "a towering politician". Must be offensive surely?

Sorry G. I really don't know how to respond to this. Are you saying we should have let the Falklands remain in Argentine hands? Or that we as a nation should not have the right to vary the strength of the Armed forces? Virtually every bit of kit sent was obsolete. Luckily, crewed, manned and operated by the most magnificent body of men and women.

Personally I'd have said to hell with it and nuked BA into a glass carpark. (That is why I'm not allowed to operate dangerous machinery. )
    Well you will be happy Scameron has continued her policies and scrapped our aircraft carriers. If Argentina invade again there'll be nothing we can do about it, thanks to the continuation of her policies.
    Radical, Man!

Tweet of the day.

Radical, Man!

"Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they’ll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces..." never truer words spoke, and who said that then ???

RIP Margaret Thatcher.

Another disgusting outpouring of hatred and a total lack of respect for the deceased.
    My concolences to Janet and Sir Mark for the loss of their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Another disgusting outpouring of hatred and a total lack of respect for the deceased.
    My concolences to Janet and Sir Mark for the loss of their mother.
    What hatred ? Thats your take on things ???

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast