Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Margaret Thatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't think this is one of those JFK or Lady Diana moments. In reality, many people who, when asked if they could remember where they were when they discovered Margaret Thatcher was dead, may well have replied:-

"Why of course I can, I was standing over her body holding a smoking gun"

I see the hypocrisy wagon is gathering speed already, with Tony Blair describing her as "A towering politician"

The meeja will no doubt try to whip up a frenzy of emotion....

Scorrie - I can't figure out Tony's anagram "a towering politician". Must be offensive surely?

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    I don't think this is one of those JFK or Lady Diana moments.
    I was on the forum, and I read about it in cesare's thread entitled thatcher dies.

I bet not many can tell their grandchildren that they learned the news by reading cesare on caithness.org!

I did my celebrating as a young loon when she died as a politician on November 22, 1990. Today's event was the sad death of a sick old lady.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 09-Apr-13 at 00:13. Reason: cesare told me!