Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage.

Default Gay marriage.

I think it is a good thing this is going to happen. It's the only fair thing the tories have done since 2010.

( Still, it's funny to watch the Nasty Party's grassroots blue-rinse brigade crying that it 'wasn't in the manifesto' at the last election. Well neither was the wholesale destruction of the NHS and all out ideological war on the poor.)
    Last edited by Flynn; 05-Feb-13 at 00:42.
    Radical, Man!

All-out war would involve nuclear missiles. "The poor" ain't gonna like that.

I don't know why anyone not directly involved, objects to gay marriage. Also don't know why tax breaks for married couples would alter their objections.

How true, if wants to marry the same sex it is their perogative or whatever, however who are the "poor"? Nobody poor with all the handouts this government doles out..

Quote Originally Posted by catran View Post
    How true, if wants to marry the same sex it is their perogative or whatever, however who are the "poor"? Nobody poor with all the handouts this government doles out..
    May I ask what your definition of "poor" is?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    May I ask what your definition of "poor" is?
    Only having five TV channels.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Only having five TV channels.
    Well... by that deffinition then, nobody is poor....
    With the digital switchover everybody has more than 5 channels.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

I don't have any TV's!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I don't have any TV's!
    That's bourgeois intellectual, not poor.

EXCUSE me Wholesale Destruction was invented by Genghis Cohen and has nothing to do with The Conservative Party!

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    EXCUSE me Wholesale Destruction was invented by Genghis Cohen and has nothing to do with The Conservative Party!
    Noah and his ark might disagree.

Anyway... Back to gay marriage, any opinions on that? Considering that's the thread topic.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Anyway... Back to gay marriage, any opinions on that? Considering that's the thread topic.
    I don't see any problems why it shouldn't be legal. I think it is only a problem if you're religious.
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. "

- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I don't have any TV's!
    What does your furniture point at?

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Is that the "resherpies for shoup" guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    What does your furniture point at?
    The telly!

The closet Tory boys trying to stop this are actually right, for the wrong reasons.
    There are actually other peoples rights that need protecting in this. Again there is a rush to hand out 'rights' to suit a political purpose, rather than deliver balanced legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    I think it is a good thing this is going to happen. It's the only fair thing the tories have done since 2010.

( Still, it's funny to watch the Nasty Party's grassroots blue-rinse brigade crying that it 'wasn't in the manifesto' at the last election. Well neither was the wholesale destruction of the NHS and all out ideological war on the poor.)
    My concern is that the ‘gay marriage’ debate hasn’t been fully discussed/debated and there will be anomalies that will create greater inequality. For instance, currently “adultery” can only take place between a man and a woman. This means that a homosexual couple in a ‘marriage’ cannot obtain a divorce on the grounds of adultery if one spouse has an affair with a person of the same sex. In the rush for equality there might well be more anomalies which make a mockery of this equality.
    While I support equality IMO more time should have been given to ironing out these kind of inconsistencies.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

My personal thoughts are it shouldn't happen, the Oxford dictionary says http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/def...glish/marriage , what is wrong with just being satisfied with "civil partnerships" and leaving the marriage to male and female, the obvious difference being the nature of reproduction.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

If you are using your 'obvious difference of reproduction', does this mean that all couples should be tested for fertility, and only those fertile be allowed to marry?

Many gay people have children, either by adoption or suragacy?, just the same as infertile couples.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Its worth asking the question why shouldn't it happen? There is absolutely no secular reason at all why gay couples shouldn't get married. It never made sense to me when Civil Partnerships were introduced as to why they werent called "marriage". If two people love each other - they get married - they ARE married, its a state of being in a way - I am married! You cant be "civil partnershiped" - I am civil partnershipped. There is a difference It quite clearly matters to people who want to marry other people of the same sex. So why shouldnt it happen?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast