Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: George Horne and Jane McDonald

Default George Horne and Jane McDonald

Thought I would post the information I have just discovered about George Horne born 1851 died 1915 (parents Andrew Horne and Elizabeth Munro)
    They sailed to Australia on 10th June 1897 on board the Lusitania heading for King George Sound Albany. Passenger list shows
    George 35yrs surfaceman, Jane 34yrs, Elizabeth 11yrs, Ann 8yrs, Jane 6yrs, Andrew 4yrs, Georgina 2yrs, Catherine 1yr.

George died Kingussie, Scotland 1915 his wife Jane Horne (nee Mcdonald) died 1898 Western Australia - George is connected to me via his mother Elizabeth Munro

George and his 4 younger children along with baby daughter born 1897 returned to Scotland after Jane died in 1898. Elizabeth and Ann remained in Australia (don't know anything about them). George remarried in 1901 to Jessie Grant. I am related to this family. I have some details on most of the Horne family except for Mary Ann b 1853, Alexander b 1857 and Janet b 1869. If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Annie Kate, Can you send me your e-mail address by pm and I will attach the file I have on them. Scotsannie