Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Music won't play on ipad 2

Default Music won't play on ipad 2

My ipad froze, couldnt turn off or anything so connected to computer to sync, nothing happened, so i restored. It fixed the frozen prob but now none of my songs will play. They are still showing that they are in my library but if i choose a song it just quickly skips through all the songs and nothing plays. Anyone got any ideas?

Hardware Reset
    The hard reset can be done by holding down the Sleep/Wake + Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds or more and shortly you will see an Apple logo appears on the screen.

Depending on the issue you are having before you try the hard reset you might want to try use other below options and see if it could solve your problem.
    Share or Like this article on FaceBook if you find this is helpful .
    Software Reset
    This method also enable you to have the device go back to the factory default setting. Here's how:
    1. Go to the Home screen.
    2. Tap on Settings.
    3. Tap on General.
    4. Select Reset.

5. On this screen you can either choose to Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings.
    - Reset All Settings: this will reset the applications setting back to the default. The content will still be intact.
    - Erase All Content and Settings: this will remove all the content on the device and reset the applications setting back to the default.
    6. Once you have choose a desire method of reset, the device will begin the reset process and reboot itself. If you choose Erase All Content and Settings, you will need to reactivate the device again. Once the device has finished with the reset, simply connect the device with iTunes and you can start the reactivation process.
    In addition to the soft reset you could also try to force an app to quit or restart the iPad 2 to see if the issue could be resolved.
    Share or Like this Article on FaceBook if you find this is helpful .
    Some people have jail break their device and find that after a hard reset the still can't get the device back to a working order. If you have jailbreak or installing some Cydia app then try this:
    1. Plug in the device to the computer and start iTunes.
    2. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake + Home for 10 seconds.
    3. Once you see the Apple Logo appears, release the power and continue to hold down the home button for about 5-10 seconds. Look in iTunes and see if your device have shows up.
    4. iTunes will notify you that you are now in Recovery mode. Click on OK to continue with the restore process.
    5. Next press and hold on the SHIFT button and click on the Restore button. Select the latest IPSW file and the prompt appears.
    To learn more about IPSW file go here.
    6. iTunes should now attempt to get your device back to the manufacturer setting.
    7. iTunes will later give you an opportunity to restore you content from the PC. Every time when you do a sync, iTunes makes a backup so you can choose the latest backup from the sync.
    If you like you could also reset other items indiviually such as:
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Erased all contents and settings so now I'm back up and running. Thanks very much for your help dx100uk