Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laptop has crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    Sorry Cesare and Dx but really; read what you have both written to a confessed novice and see if you still think your replies were suitable and helpful. I hope somebody gives her some genuine help soon....
    these are the most basic things to know when it comes to a pc....google contains all answers...it aint brain science nor is this a trolling thread...appology accepted

No apology given.......

Given that the OP was back in March & that they eventually stated they just wanted someone to fix it, I would hope they've managed to do it by now.

Can I suggest anyone posting in Technical Support should expect a reply trying to offer support, and it is often difficult to know what level of competence the OP has as to where to pitch the level of support. It is also highly dependent on receiving as much useful information from the OP as possible to assist with diagnosis - see the sticky at the top of the Tech Support section for guidelines. If the query' Where is it' or 'Where are you' is asked it is generally to see if you're local to the techie ...this is to gauge whether they should offer to take on the job themselves, or pass you on to/recommend someone more local to you.

If you simply want to find someone to fix the problem you're probably easier posting in or searching the Recommendations forum, or look up the relevant section of the Caithness Business Index.
    Last edited by Bobinovich; 30-May-13 at 10:53. Reason: Added a little...

thanks bob

exactly why I said it

I was going out for a few days touring
    if i'd been near
    i'd have done it for nowt if passing

strange forum sometimes

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Note to self: check dates on original post and don't follow the crowd! Apology now given........

Sorry Cesare and Dx
    No apology given.......
    oh i must of imagined it....

No apology given.......
    Note to self: Keep your nose out of it: you are too old and know you have an atrocious memory to even think of keeping up with those younger than yourself.

Note to Cesare: my brain tends to either run ahead of me or goes to sleep in the middle of something; the apology stands......sincerely!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12