Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Thomas George T Murray and Elizabeth D Mackay

Default Thomas George T Murray and Elizabeth D Mackay

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has the above in their family tree, Thomas was the son of Matilda Murray. He was born 1912 at Thurso and died 1985 Thurso. He married Elizabeth Diver (Could it be Drever?) Mackay in 1939. Matilda was my Great Aunt, her parents were Thomas and Helen(Ellen) ms Georgeson) Murray. Thank YOu.

Default Thomas George T Murray and Elizabeth D Mackay

Hi Scotsannie,
    Elizabeth Divers Mackay was my aunt and ,yes, she was married to Tom Murray. However, I do not know much about his background so this might not be of any help to you.

Hi Interested,,

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away, do you know when he died? and where they lived?
    Many thanks.
    Scotsannie

Hi Scotsannie,
    According to "Scotland`s People", Tom died in 1987 in Thurso. They lived for several years during the 50`s and 60`s in Bayview Terrace and also in Miller Terrace , in the 70`s and 80`s ,both Thurso. They may have lived somewhere else in Thurso between these two addresses.

Hi Interested,
    Thank you for that, will continue my searching and see what I come up with. If I get anything will let you know. Scotsannie.

I lived in Bayview Terrace and remember the Murrays. Tom, wife Lil and two sons that I know of and possibly a daughter.
    Think they moved to Miller Terrace.

Son Tom still in Thurso, think he lives in Marine Terrace.

Sairheed,

Thank you for your reply will be back home again in May, so have some investigating to do.