I have had an Orange Livebox since last August, and it worked perfectly until mid-December when the connection started dropping out. The Internet connections (LAN and 1394 connection 2) were shown as connected. During the many – mostly daily – calls to Technical Support (at 4p per minute!) the Livebox has been reconnected - but the problem persists.

Although the techie people were very helpful and the history of this was recorded in their notes, nobody took it any further, although one man suggested that the Livebox may need replacing "if the problem persists", but subsequent technicians merely went through the procedure as before.

The strange thing now is that occasionally it resets itself after an hour or two - in one instance a couple of days ago the LAN was disconnected and did not respond to "repair", A but magically cleared itself after an hour or so.

A friend who told me that he has never had a problem rang me last evening to say that his had dropped out!

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what do they do about it?

For the record my Livebox is connected to the PC with the Ethernet cable; I have not yet arranged to connect wirelessly to my other PC.

Lazarte