Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Chris Huhne

Default Chris Huhne

So he went on, intent on clearing his name in the court and now Chris Huhne has changed his plea to guilty after all that pallaver and criminal proceedings. Lib Dems not having a good time of it just lately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21320992
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Yet another "good guy" proved no better than his peers, what's the betting for a suspended sentence unlike his peers would get. In my opinion he should get more for trying to con/dem his way out of it for so long, but a fine and a way back into politics will be the order of the day lol, something similar to David Laws perhaps.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Aye, his legal team had tried twice to have the case thrown out - so the only thing he's sorry about is being caught.

Noticed in his statement that he says "having taken responsibility for something that happened ten years ago..." - the implication being that something that old shouldn't have been brought up.

Just another corrupt politician eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Aye, his legal team had tried twice to have the case thrown out - so the only thing he's sorry about is being caught.

Noticed in his statement that he says "having taken responsibility for something that happened ten years ago..." - the implication being that something that old shouldn't have been brought up.

Just another corrupt politician eh?
    He's not taking responsibility for the speeding ticket (3 points) he's taking responsibility for Perverting the Course of Justice, a serious offence carrying a jail sentence, which is exactly what he should get, if not for Perverting the Course of Justice, for getting into bed with them Tories.

The man's arrogance, deceit, disloyalty and bearing in the light of this change of plea is beyond satire. The absence of any form of apology to his wife, sons, constituents and party make the offence unforgivable. The posturing venality of this moral bankrupt defies compassion. He has brought his own house of cards down about his ears. His punishment is looking in the mirror every day, and realising that few people are lower down the evolutionary ladder than he himself.

Quote Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
    The man's arrogance, deceit, disloyalty and bearing in the light of this change of plea is beyond satire. The absence of any form of apology to his wife, sons, constituents and party make the offence unforgivable. The posturing venality of this moral bankrupt defies compassion. He has brought his own house of cards down about his ears. His punishment is looking in the mirror every day, and realising that few people are lower down the evolutionary ladder than he himself.
    Yeah! Wot I sed (cept a bit more wordy).

A classic case of digging a small hole then kept on digging.

Absolutely. Crazy thing is he was probably 'advised' to do this to keep a squeaky clean politico image, which we all know is a facade. Where as if he just took the points and manned up he could have used it just as much to his advantage and shown that he is human like the rest of us and makes errors. Instead he behaved like a tit.

Default chris huhne

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, revenge is a dish serverd cold, etc, etc huhne the pratt will get whats coming to him [ tho possibly not ]

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Yet another "good guy" proved no better than his peers, what's the betting for a suspended sentence unlike his peers would get. In my opinion he should get more for trying to con/dem his way out of it for so long, but a fine and a way back into politics will be the order of the day lol, something similar to David Laws perhaps.
    How can anyone be better than their peers?

With same sex marriages now in order who knows how he'll end up getting on inside.

He managed to spin this out for 10 years drawing a nice salary all that time and presumably living with his conscience which is what I find most shocking.

my grudging respect for Chris huhne if he could get his ex-Mrs to take penalty points for him, my Mrs would just tell me to get lost.

Snotted!

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post
    He managed to spin this out for 10 years drawing a nice salary all that time and presumably living with his conscience which is what I find most shocking.
    Aye, and this time next year he'll be in the House of Lords or an EU Comissioner!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou