Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up with windmills?

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Oh dear that was a beeg dummy spitting effort. Maybe now you will realise many of us fellow Orgers do not think as you do, but calling us Tossers and brain dead does not help your cause
    Sorry Golach, I thought I was just raising awareness of the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Can you not see how the noisy tactic can be misreported in the news? Everyone already appreciates that you and your lot do not like the look of windymills but a rabble has never endeared itself to a TV audience.
    Shouting at Shrek isn't necessarily a bad tactic. He's employed it with major success for some years - although I don't think ywindy is as dumb or as ugly as Shrek, so he might not get away with it so easily....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    I really don't know where to start here. Where have I name-called?
    Maybe here:"What a bunch of losers. You don't agree with what I find important and act like four year olds to distract attention from it. 27 posts and not one brain cell challenged. Tossers! "

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

So no takers so far then?
    Nope, i'll be waiting for the postman that day, i'm not waiting for anything in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Or do I fall down on technological ignorance?
    Not at all, we should site them underground.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    The problem with you is, if you do'nt get the answers, or the attention you think your "cause" deserves, you resort to name calling. Now, maybe you do find trying to stop wind farms being built important, that's fine (we have been through this on countless other threads) but you are not going to gain respect coming out with that.

It was you yourself said on the Baillie wind farm thread, that there are over 100 turbines and many more planned, personally, I think it is a bit late in the day to be complaining about them, should you not have thought about organising a march before the first lot were put in place ? And by the way, I am still waiting for an answer as to what kind of power you are going to use when the natural resources (coal, oil and gas) run out?
    Do you not think that us 'antiwindies' have been working our little socks off to try to stop the march of the windymills in Caithness and beyond. We have had some success, Spittal Hill (30 turbines) was a major triumph, Durran (not sure how many turbines but in the twenties I believe), Forss III, Lieurary and Borrowston to name some but unfortunately it is a massive struggle against a system that is biased in favour. Actually there are 135 large wind turbines built or approved and Halsary, Bad a Cheo and Lime Kiln will be before the planning committee in the next few months so the march of the turbines continues. And before I get slagged off again about my view getting spoiled etc. etc. it is about so much more than that and if you have never been in the position of having a large scale windfarm planned literally on your doorstep then you have no right to do down those who campaign against this happening to them and their neighbours! Now I need a dram.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    What a waste of time and effort this is, especially since you do not know the difference between a "Windmill" and a "Wind Turbine"
    Sorry to take so long to reply Kodiak. I use the term "windmill" to upset the sort of person who gets upset about me using it. However, I asked a person who knows about these things whether wind mill or wind turbine is correct and he has replied as follows.
    "Hi Stuart.
    A few thoughts about windmills. What we have is strictly not windmills though they resemble them. They do not drive mills as they did in the past. The word “mill” really is inappropriate though there is widespread use of the term windmill.
    So what should we use? Leaving “wind” as the first part we want another word to describe what is being worked. I do not think turbine is right. I have worked on turbines and they do not look like what the vanes turn. A turbine is a machine that does work on something else such as an alternator so wind turbine describes the propeller bit twice but again nothing there looks like a turbine to me. Turbines are in the main comprised of a shaft fitted with blades that rotate within a casing fitted with static blades.
    So sticking with the wind bit the second term should describe what is being worked on. We can have alternator, dynamo or generator. Only generator fits an electrical machine of any type.
    So my choice would be wind generator, or even wind machine. Windmill has the benefit of being nice and short even though it is not correct. Wind turbine though is as incorrect as is wind mill.
    Far too many words but if you put them all it should floor your pest.
    Regards,
    Bill"

I really don't know where to start here. Where have I name-called?
    "What a bunch of losers." "Tossers! "

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    and if you have never been in the position of having a large scale windfarm planned literally on your doorstep then you have no right to do down those who campaign against this happening to them and their neighbours! Now I need a dram.
    I never "downed you" I just pointed out how many had actually been built already. I also just asked what is supposed to happen when all the natural resources run out. Would it bother me having a large scale windfarm built on my doorstep ? No, it would not.

If you want to complain about a post, click on the black triangle on the left underneath the post, and explain why you are complaining. Your comments will be seen by the admin and the moderator(s) (probably).

We hear an awful lot from those determined to support the poor folk that are cursed by these monstrosities, whose lives are blighted, who suffer untold misery at the hands of the greedy landowners. Not a lot from the poor afflicted folk themselves though.
    Makes me wonder if the anti brigade just like making a noise. Which some of us find mighty annoying, keeps us from sleeping at night etc.

By the way, anyone who calls me a tosser, even just to get my attention, would certainly get my attention.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Sorry to take so long to reply Kodiak. I use the term "windmill" to upset the sort of person who gets upset about me using it. However, I asked a person who knows about these things whether wind mill or wind turbine is correct and he has replied as follows.
    "Hi Stuart.
    A few thoughts about windmills. What we have is strictly not windmills though they resemble them. They do not drive mills as they did in the past. The word “mill” really is inappropriate though there is widespread use of the term windmill.
    So what should we use? Leaving “wind” as the first part we want another word to describe what is being worked. I do not think turbine is right. I have worked on turbines and they do not look like what the vanes turn. A turbine is a machine that does work on something else such as an alternator so wind turbine describes the propeller bit twice but again nothing there looks like a turbine to me. Turbines are in the main comprised of a shaft fitted with blades that rotate within a casing fitted with static blades.
    So sticking with the wind bit the second term should describe what is being worked on. We can have alternator, dynamo or generator. Only generator fits an electrical machine of any type.
    So my choice would be wind generator, or even wind machine. Windmill has the benefit of being nice and short even though it is not correct. Wind turbine though is as incorrect as is wind mill.
    Far too many words but if you put them all it should floor your pest.
    Regards,
    Bill"
    Who is your pest?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    And before I get slagged off again about my view getting spoiled etc. etc. it is about so much more than that and if you have never been in the position of having a large scale windfarm planned literally on your doorstep then you have no right to do down those who campaign against this happening to them and their neighbours!.
    Bearing in mind that the anti-windfarm brigade never hesitate to slag off those who are pro or neutral in their stance on windpower, I think you're being a bit cheeky.
    Surely, based on this post, every single person who lives within sight of a windfarm must be suicidal or at death's door as a result. That might explain why we seldom (if ever) hear them complaining on this site.
    As far as I am aware the construction phase for such undertakings is quite benign, while having walked the dogs regularly around such places I don't see or hear (or even sixth-sense) any major downsides to the operational phase either. The dogs didn't seem bothered - you'd expect them to get unsettled in the presence of life-changing subsonic (or hypersonic) issues. Or disturbances in The Force, Luke.
    I also get the feeling that, as you say, it's about 'so much more than just a spoilt view' - Perhaps it's about change, upset, upheaval; maybe it's about fear, or about resentment at one's personal space being invaded by the world. Or the feeling of powerlessness a small (but noisy) interest group may feel when up against it. I expect you'd be up in arms at any large scale proposal planned for literally on your doorstep. A NOMD 'Not On My Doorstep' perhaps?
    I'd rather you people didn't speak out on our behalf. Please stop it, go find something else to get outraged about. Like world hunger or nuclear dumping.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Bearing in mind that the anti-windfarm brigade never hesitate to slag off those who are pro or neutral in their stance on windpower, I think you're being a bit cheeky.
    Surely, based on this post, every single person who lives within sight of a windfarm must be suicidal or at death's door as a result. That might explain why we seldom (if ever) hear them complaining on this site.
    As far as I am aware the construction phase for such undertakings is quite benign, while having walked the dogs regularly around such places I don't see or hear (or even sixth-sense) any major downsides to the operational phase either. The dogs didn't seem bothered - you'd expect them to get unsettled in the presence of life-changing subsonic (or hypersonic) issues. Or disturbances in The Force, Luke.
    I also get the feeling that, as you say, it's about 'so much more than just a spoilt view' - Perhaps it's about change, upset, upheaval; maybe it's about fear, or about resentment at one's personal space being invaded by the world. Or the feeling of powerlessness a small (but noisy) interest group may feel when up against it. I expect you'd be up in arms at any large scale proposal planned for literally on your doorstep. A NOMD 'Not On My Doorstep' perhaps?
    I'd rather you people didn't speak out on our behalf. Please stop it, go find something else to get outraged about. Like world hunger or nuclear dumping.
    Tubs. Its easy, you don't need to read and you don't need to post.
    It is your choice to get annoyed at us, we are not thrusting it down your throat.
    And if you do want to continue a reasonable dialogue, which you are quite capable of, start by giving examples of "slagging off those whose are pro or neutral in their stance". My outburst does not count because it was about infantile posting, not genuine debate.

It is your choice to get annoyed at us, we are not thrusting it down your throat. .
    but you are and calling us names sic "What a bunch of losers." "Tossers! "
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

My outburst does not count because it was about infantile posting, not genuine debate.
    Rather ironic don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    but you are and calling us names sic "What a bunch of losers." "Tossers! "
    I am sorry, I should have been more inspired. I clearly haven't done you justice.

My outburst does not count because it was about infantile posting, not genuine debate.
    What a joke - the minute somebody disagrees with you, or dares to say something you do'nt like, we are "burying our heads in the sand" you accused me of being an "ostrich" on the other thread - this thread - ( your words, not mine) ""What a bunch of losers." "Tossers! "

It's typical schoolboy behaviour lol!

It beats me how someone with a near 100% record of failure in deducing results from data can call us infantile! Have you read his nonsense in his infamous schoolboy report?

The only people who listen to him are the imbeciles at the John Muir Trust and the mendacious tendency at the Torygraph.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    The only people who listen to him are the imbeciles at the John Muir Trust and the mendacious tendency at the Torygraph.
    Well you have to question the motives of someone who seems so obsessed with a singular issue. Self promotion?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast