Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local History

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    If you visit http://www.castletownheritage.co.uk/ & check the Castletown Recalls page there is a downloadable PDF of a booklet produced regarding the village's role in WWII - some interesting stories & facts there.
    Thanks Bob good reading much appreciated !

Plenty of history to look at here on e org. Look into the Site Map at top of page, there is plenty of historical content to look at.
    There is always some-one on the forum who will be willing to help on any subject.

sinclair n girnigoe castles , steeped in history ,the camster cairns, whaligoe steps ,and just outside caithness is dunrobin castle now thats not to be missed........................ just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Pointless negativity - No not really - I have witnessed the lighting of the blue touch paper on the Gaelic debate - the same arguments churn over - I have my own views but no wish to see a very well worn path eroded even more. My comment was aimed at someone who has been on the .org just days and yet has a thorough analysis of exactly what the county needs. I am merely saying that there is a wealth of local knowledge and history in the people here. There is lots to see and do - it just takes a while to find it all. If I came across as negative my apologies - if you search Gaelic and Caithness in forum posts you will indeed see it has been well covered.
    So impressed you can sum up character and intention from one post, I shall return to my well of bile and bitterness forthwith.
    My Norwegian friend tells me that Ragnar Rocks is a misspelling of Ragnarøkr, which is old Norse for "big gob" lol!

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    My Norwegian friend tells me that Ragnar Rocks is a misspelling of Ragnarøkr, which is old Norse for "big gob" lol!
    Your friend may well be right but it would have to be, otherwise I'd be all out of proportion:0)

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    Your friend may well be right but it would have to be, otherwise I'd be all out of proportion:0)
    That was "gob", not a word that rhymes with it lol!

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    That was "gob", not a word that rhymes with it lol!
    Well what can I say but that wasn't my point of referral :0D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12