Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farage oats

Was that before they Pict whether to be Scotti or Geordii?
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Whoever they were, they were bullies and cowards. Whoever they were, I thank them again for their much-publicised contribution to the "no" vote. To allow people like that to run their own affairs would be dereliction of duty, and, at the moment, the SNPeanuts are busy feeding them a diet of misinformation, bile and hatred of "Wastemonster", which is totally engaged in "scaremongering", and who won't "see common sense" and hand a lot of things over to Scotland. I will be so delighted to watch the Scottish people turn on Salmond and Co. once this hugely expensive farce is over.

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    ROFL. My word, I think you may well be describing Comrade Flynn here, Sis. See Little, you learn something new everyday!

Repped
    Clearly you don't learn. I'm from Coleraine, Londonderry. I live in England. I don't vote tory, my politics are - obviously - left of centre. Seems to me you equate advocates of compassion and equality with 'Communists, Troskyites, and North Koreans'. That tells the forum an enormous amount about you, your mentality, and your level of intelligence.

I'll leave you now to continue your ad hominem ravings.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Clearly you don't learn. I'm from Coleraine, Londonderry. I live in England.
    What was it like growing up in Londonderry during the Troubles? The sort of behaviour seen in Edinburgh yesterday must seem minor compared with what you've experienced. Do you worry that Scotland's secessionist versus unionist "fight" could go the same way as Northern Ireland did?

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    What was it like growing up in Londonderry during the Troubles? The sort of behaviour seen in Edinburgh yesterday must seem minor compared with what you've experienced. Do you worry that Scotland's secessionist versus unionist "fight" could go the same way as Northern Ireland did?
    It wasn't fun, but people got on with living. The sectarianism is why I now live in England, I got sick to the back teeth with it. I don't think Scotland would go the same way, mostly because geographically and politically Scotland is not divided the way Ireland is. There is no Scottish north/south, catholic/protestant, loyalist/unionist divide to the same degree as there was/is across the Irish sea.
    Radical, Man!

Unfortunately, nowhere near everything Little. But I've got the SP on you, bro. Mum's the word!
    Sicherheitsprüfung (SP) Hmmm - I might just scrape through - but I would fail on the emissions probably.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Farage throws a tantrum and hangs up the phone when asked questions by BBC interviewer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...80#TWEET758757

UKIP: The comedy gift that keeps on giving!
    Last edited by Flynn; 17-May-13 at 12:17.
    Radical, Man!

It wasn't fun, but people got on with living. The sectarianism is why I now live in England, I got sick to the back teeth with it. I don't think Scotland would go the same way, mostly because geographically and politically Scotland is not divided the way Ireland is. There is no Scottish north/south, catholic/protestant, loyalist/unionist divide to the same degree as there was/is across the Irish sea.
    Thanks for that. I think (and hope) you're right.

Sectarianism can be pretty bad in Glasgow and the surrounding areas, and also in many other parts of the central belt (including quite far east). There's a fairly strong connection between protestantism and Unionism (especially amongst supporters of a certain football club), but I'm not aware of a significant connection between secessionism and catholicism. I could be wrong there though.

Nigel Farage, like most politicians, is a chancer, who will go anywhere and do anything for publicity. Unfortunately for UKIP he is not very bright and has not learned that he has to be able to answer criticism without slamming the phone down and storming out of challenging situations. He appears to have become so used to the fawning and adulation of his English supporters that he is unprepared for anyone who might criticize his party's policies.
    UKIP appears to have made no effort to understand the difference between the Scottish and English political agenda and to believe that "one size fits all" Wrong
    Last edited by Humerous Vegetable; 18-May-13 at 16:21.

My sincere apologies. My opinions on the Farage incident were restrained by the BBC masking out the bit from the young enthusiastic Scottish democracy protesters when they said (thank you Channel 4 for leaving it in) "Stick the Union Jack up your (word beginning with "a"). This level of intellectual debate from the bullet-headed rentamob "students" gives me the unalloyed pleasure of realising that once the Cybernats and the SNPeanuts have pursued this level of "debate" much further, the "NO" vote is a done deal. Even Salmond will realise with friends like these, the international community is going to regard the possibility of Scottish Independence with some concern. The"Yes" camp strategy of attempting to silence any and every word or demonstration of opposition is a sign of both immaturity and weakness. They don't just do this to Nigel Farage - just read the SNP's pages on FB to see the litany of thuggery and hatred against anyone daring to suggest staying in the Union might be the best call.

Radical, Man!

Grow up Flynn. There's racism in every political party, race, creed and colour. Do I have to link to the Labour officials who have been fingered? Boring. Yawn!

Grow up Flynn. There's racism in every political party, race, creed and colour. Do I have to link to the Labour officials who have been fingered? Boring. Yawn!
    Please list all the Labour MPs and councillors who have been expelled for racism.

Meanwhile racists come out from under their rocks in UKIP on a daily basis.
    Radical, Man!

Three? And one of them, Diane Abbot. an extremely questionable case. Three in over 100 years of the Labour party existing. Compare that with the daily occurrences of racism within UKIP.
    Radical, Man!

Well we werent very tolerant of Farage the other day in Edinburgh were we ?? What an embarrasment, And the irony of them clowns calling him a racist while at the same time tellin him ti f back to england with the next breath !!!

Nationalists ? embarrasment to this country

Three? And one of them, Diane Abbot. an extremely questionable case. Three in over 100 years of the Labour party existing. Compare that with the daily occurrences of racism within UKIP.
    So you think Diane Abbot is a questionable case then Comrade Flynn? I suppose that instead of her claiming, "white people love playing divide and rule," it had been Theresa May saying the same about black people, then it would have been "questionable," too? Absolute nonsense! You and your ilk would have been baying for her blood and ........... got it! Another example of the wretched positive discrimination?

"Three?" In a pigs' ear.

Birmingham Labour Party found guilty of racism - West Midlands News - News - Birmingham Post

BBC News - Paul Flynn MP apologises for Jewish ambassador remarks

'I don't debate with Israelis': George Galloway accused of racism after walking out of Middle East debate at Oxford - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

In the world of the politically correct, there is only one route to the truth. No other ways are tolerated, while whatever the current fashion in thinking dictates what is "appropriate", or "best practice".

This in itself is a mockery of democratic thought and action. It is closer to extremism.

Facts speak for themselves. When a group of people crowd a single man on a pavement and say "your policies are rotten", this is legitimate protest.

When a group of people say to that man "stick your Union Jack up your etc." and "go back to England" these people are demeaned, have become extreme, are hateful, and are harmful to any cause they try to represent.

When the First Minister makes a mealy-mouthed half apology for this outrage, and dismisses the incident as "not exactly the Dreyfuss trial", he has laid down a marker as to what he and his party is prepared to tolerate.

This one man, Nigel Farage, whatever anyone may think of him, has changed the direction of Scottish politics as much as he has done in England, without perhaps winning a single vote.

There is an upside. From now on, any unfairness done to the Secessionist cause can be dismissed as "legitimate protest", and "not exactly the Dreyfuss case".

Potential trading partners will be able to see how the possible future Scottish parliament condones certain behaviours from its own citizens.

The more England, which holds many sanctions in the future, and especially for the future of Scotland, is insulted by Salmond's stormtroopers, the less favourable a settlement they're likely to get.

In some ways, I wish the opinions of the REAL secessionists can be exposed to a greater, international audience. It may well cause more than raised eyebrows, and will certainly encourage an even more enhanced "no" vote when the time comes.

So you think Diane Abbot is a questionable case then Comrade Flynn? I suppose that instead of her claiming, "white people love playing divide and rule," it had been Theresa May saying the same about black people, then it would have been "questionable," too? Absolute nonsense! You and your ilk would have been baying for her blood and ........... got it! Another example of the wretched positive discrimination?

"Three?" In a pigs' ear.

Birmingham Labour Party found guilty of racism - West Midlands News - News - Birmingham Post

BBC News - Paul Flynn MP apologises for Jewish ambassador remarks

'I don't debate with Israelis': George Galloway accused of racism after walking out of Middle East debate at Oxford - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
    That's two, one rather weak case, and one strongly disputed. The third, George Galloway, is not a Labour MP.

Still got a looooong way to go to match the regiments of UKIP racists exposed - and fully expelled from UKIP for outright undisputed racism - in the last couple of months.

Let's also look at UKIP's allies in Brussells, the parties UKIP regularly votes in agreement with:

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/allies
    Last edited by Flynn; 19-May-13 at 09:01.
    Radical, Man!

Jeeeezo. It was a bunch of students throwing metaphorical eggs at the mouthpiece of a somewhat unpleasant pompous nonentity of a political part. It was NOT an SNP party conference!!!!

This determination to link anti english sentiment to the Independence campaign is risible. The Better Together campaign is supported by the Orange Order, BNP, the National Front(Yes I thought they had gone away too but they are quite lively in certain parts of The UK and scotland) and the delightful SDA. I would never suggest this highly unpleasant lunatic fringe defines the NO campaign.Some of these nasty folk have a facebook page which posts photos they have taken of people at YES events and demos and asks for the names and addresses of the people they have targetted.

Last night I was at a ceilidh for the North Rising, a more nationalistic, independence focused event it would be hard to imagine. There was not one scrap of Anti english sentiment. Not one iota, not a sneer, not a dismissal, not a rude word, not a "im sorry but". The only mention of "Braveheart" was in a song called "where's the river Mel" which was very very funny.This situation is not unusual. I have been to meetings all over the place. Openly English and quietly English often assumed to be Scottish as the wife of my husband and never once have I come across anti english attitudes within a pro independence context. Nonsense.
    Last edited by squidge; 19-May-13 at 09:33.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast