Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farage oats

Radical, Man!

Seems Faragemania was rocking Edinburgh today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Seems Faragemania was rocking Edinburgh today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
    Lol!

Cracking article by the Fail. It ends with

Mr Farage was accused of being a ‘racist’ and likened to BNP leader Nick Griffin by the angry mob. The politician defended his policies, before peace was briefly restored and a press conference was held with journalists.

But 15 minutes later, the anti-racism activists started chanting again and – with no apparent sense of irony - shouted at Mr Farage to ‘go home’.

A bar manager ordered protesters, journalists and ‘you too Mr Farage’ to leave the pub.

But the UKIP leader was surrounded by campaigners on the street outside, with chants including: 'UKIP scum off our streets.'
    The headline could have been

Racist scum chant "Racist Scum!" at racist scum!

I love the bit about irony.

How does one distinguish secessionist racist scum from unionist racist scum?

Nigel Farage appears to be an elected MEP and leader of a legal political party which has some following in parts of the UK

Edinburgh used to be known as the Athens of the North.

Today we learnt the Pictish (I won't say Scottish, because I know lots of Scots, who are intelligent and reasonable people) for "democracy".

It is a contorted, thuggish, bull-necked face almost straining with pure visceral hatred yelling "Scum! Scum! Scum!"

Thank you, Picts, for today's contribution to the "No!" vote next year.

I doubt many of them were (descended from) Picts.

Indigenous Edinburgh folk are as likely descended from the original Scots as from the Picts, but perhaps most likely from neither.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 17-May-13 at 00:36.

Sorry, Picts. I stand well corrected. I'm sure you were all more civilised than the barking underclass responsible for taking democracy to new heights today, wherever they came from . But, whoever you were, thanks for showing the rest of the UK how to practice democracy.

Sadly, I know of someone involved in this yobbery - he's American!

SiS..."I doubt many of them were (descended from) Picts.

Indigenous Edinburgh folk are as likely descended from the original Scots as from the Picts,"...

The Picts were here long before the Scotti!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Im glad he was sent home with a flea in his ear. He got his chance to have his say, he had his meeting, then he faced a noisy protest. I am sorry if passers by were alarmed, I had some friends who were booked in for food and had to leave.But no one was hurt, they didnt see any violence either. Farage is the pseudo respectable face of the far right and It should be shown the door .... He was and loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Farage is the pseudo respectable face of the far right and It should be shown the door .... He was and loudly.

This shown in the English county council elections. Everywhere UKIP made gains saw a complete collapse of whatever BNP vote had been there previously.

There's also this: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3014019.html
    Radical, Man!

The BNP collapsed long before the by-elections Flynn. It wouldn't surprise me if the result of yesterday's hooliganism was an increase in UKIP membership. The sad thing, is that the English commentators I've read, thus far, see such moronic behaviour as a Scots trait now, instead of apportioning blame for the display of thuggish, anti-democratic bullying to the tiny minority of rent-a-mob. I'm sure they were not applauded by the vast majority of decent Scots. Another defeat for the usual Commies, Trots and anarchists, then.

Commies, Trots and anarchists! Now there's a blast from the past! Can't remember their last tour. And Rentamob staged the gig! This is really retro stuff.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

I am getting so sick and tired of not being able to rep anyone until I've 'spread it around a bit'.

Consider yourself 'repped' for that last post John Little.
    Radical, Man!

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Commies, Trots and anarchists! Now there's a blast from the past! Can't remember their last tour. And Rentamob staged the gig! This is really retro stuff.
    It's not retro stuff - it's true! Some of the most vocal protesters were indeed communists, and at least one is a revolutionary communist in the style of Trotsky. He's a fan of North Korea and its dynasty of great leaders. He wants to see a North Korean style state in this country! He's also English lol.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    It's not retro stuff - it's true! Some of the most vocal protesters were indeed communists, and at least one is a revolutionary communist in the style of Trotsky. He's a fan of North Korea and its dynasty of great leaders. He wants to see a North Korean style state in this country! He's also English lol.
    ROFL. My word, I think you may well be describing Comrade Flynn here, Sis. See Little, you learn something new everyday!

Repped

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Yay!

Nut jobs of the world unite!

You have nothing to lose but your frontal lobes!

Was the Scottish Standard bearer there too?
    Where would the Right be without all those lovely juicy Leftie stereotypes?

Can there be a Right without a Left?

A Yin without a Yang?

A UKIP without 'them'?

Are you one of THEM SiS?
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    ROFL. My word, I think you may well be describing Comrade Flynn here, Sis. See Little, you learn something new everyday! Repped
    Yes I do.

I think you already know everything though.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Unfortunately, nowhere near everything Little. But I've got the SP on you, bro. Mum's the word!

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Yay!

Nut jobs of the world unite!

You have nothing to lose but your frontal lobes!

Was the Scottish Standard bearer there too?
    Where would the Right be without all those lovely juicy Leftie stereotypes?

Can there be a Right without a Left?

A Yin without a Yang?

A UKIP without 'them'?

Are you one of THEM SiS?
    Radical Independence is indeed a home for nut jobs of the world. It's a haven for commies, Trots, anarchists, and various other brands of failures and self-proclaimed fruitcakes. Its more sensible wing boasts a number of Greens, Trade Unionists, and even our County's very own Kevin Wiliamson.

I don't know whether the two people I know are involved with Radical Independence. I suspect not, but that's just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    SiS..."I doubt many of them were (descended from) Picts.

Indigenous Edinburgh folk are as likely descended from the original Scots as from the Picts,"...

The Picts were here long before the Scotti!
    Yes, the Picts were in this country long before the Scots, but Edinburgh was largely populated by Northumbrians - which is perhaps not the best name for them, but they weren't Picts. My knowledge of Scottish ethnic/cultural history is a bit hazy, but there may also have been large numbers of Britons in the Edinburgh area.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 17-May-13 at 11:27.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast