Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farage oats

Default Farage oats

Did he make a critical mistake by not standing himself? Would he have won it?

I hope not but just in case im glad he didnt.

is he related to porridge oats?
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by billmoseley View Post
    is he related to porridge oats?
    Yes, and he's just as thick and stodgy.

Can't agree with that one SiS. Now if we were talking about Johnny Jags Prescott, I could go along with that.

The question in this thread is deadly serious.

I think Nige might have won Eastleigh if he'd been the UKIP candidate. It's the best chance he's had so far, and he may never get a better one.

Has he blown it?
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 02-Mar-13 at 21:09. Reason: reworded

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    The question in this thread is deadly serious.

I think Nige might have won Eastleigh if he'd been the UKIP candidate. It's the best chance he's had so far, and he may never get a better one.

Has he blown it?

He doesn't want to stand as an MP. He's an MEP, he's too busy milking the Brussels cow and actively supporting extreme far-right groups in other European countries.
    Radical, Man!

So, it's all right for us to be governed from Brussels, by the far left, but democracy should be denied other legal political parties, who challenge it? Yes, that'd be about right, Flynn in your authoritarian State. As Nigel said to the EU Parliament, "Oh! I know democracy doesn't mean much to you lot ...... " He was right, imo. Anyway, this gentlemen explains Nigel's stance much better than I could:-

'Democracy is the will of the people, not the will of those who "know best" for the people. The moment that only those parties who fit a prescribed, allowable "norm" becomes the rule, there is no democracy. If the EU is democratic, then it must acknowledge the will of all its citizens, not just those who subscribe to its elitist, corporist agenda.
    There should be no preconception of what it means to be "European". To demand acquiescence to the elite's self serving diktats is autocracy. UKIP's stance is consistent with freedom and liberty. All ideologies, no matter how personally obnoxious, have to be accepted in order to maintain a real, functioning democracy. To censor is to deny freedom.'

Nigel Farage's UK Independence party has told its MEPs not to oppose a package that would fund some of Europe's most extreme parties. The Alliance of European National Movements, a grouping of far-right MEPs, is looking to get £340,000 from the European commission, with a similar amount for a possible thinktank.

The alliance includes Nick Griffin's British National party, Hungary's neo-fascist Jobbik party, Bulgaria's far-right National Democratic party and the Front National in France.

A petition among MEPs that could halt the funding has attracted broad support, yet it has emerged that Ukip has instructed its MEPs not to support it. Godfrey Bloom, once ejected from the European parliament after directing a Nazi slogan at a German colleague, wrote to his fellow Ukip MEPs saying: "We consider that this proposal is both dangerous and undemocratic."

We learned the lesson of such politics in the '30s and '40s. That M Swanson is outraged that the extreme far-right should not be supported is no surprise, and exposes the ugly fascist underbelly of UKIP and their supporters. As I said elsewhere, UKIP are a middle-class BNP.
    Radical, Man!

And more of the same old nonsense from you, Flynn. Show me anywhere on the Org where I have ever stated that I support any far rightwing party? Why would I, when I don't! You can twist and turn to fit your agenda anytime you like. I know the tactics, backwards. More desperation from you, but a little advice. This mantra, so favoured by the far left has run its' course and people are no longer being duped into believing much of the utter rubbish, you and your ilk spout. It worked so well once, but it needs something a little fresher to put on the table in the way of propaganda. The opinion I quoted is valid and I agree with it. But then again, I'm a great believer in democracy. That's where we part company!

BTW. Where do you come on the political compass, Flynn? I don't think you've ever said.

You're UKIP supporter. UKIP are a far-right party.
    Radical, Man!

Rubbish! I've never voted for UKIP, or ever said I have. What I did say, is I rate Nigel Farage. They're not the same thing, but don't have to be in you authoritarian world do they? UKIP are not a far-right party, imo, but they are most certainly democratic.

Political compass, Flynn?

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    He doesn't want to stand as an MP. He's an MEP, he's too busy milking the Brussels cow and actively supporting extreme far-right groups in other European countries.
    He tried hard to get elected to Westminster in the 2010 general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    As I said elsewhere, UKIP are a middle-class BNP.
    That's a rather good description of UKIP.

It's all turning out as you hoped it would when you raised the thread SiS, isn't it?

I think it would have been in his (and his party's) interest if he'd stood. I do think he may have missed his best opportunity to get an MP at Westminster. It was undoubtedly his best opportunity so far - and I think he blew it....

Nigel Porage could surely have stood for UKIP in the by-election for David Miliband's old seat in South Shields. Has he blown it yet again?

I don't know whether he has 'blown it' but it seems to demonstrate there is an appitite for right wing politics. Far from reacting to the coalition's policies by surging left, the voters appear to be indicating an impatience to get on with it.

Let's just all try to keep this poison out of Scotland as much as possible.

I like to think we are reasonably tolerant and accepting up here. (Apart from right-wing hate-mongers that is )

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    Let's just all try to keep this poison out of Scotland as much as possible.

I like to think we are reasonably tolerant and accepting up here. (Apart from right-wing hate-mongers that is )
    Really? My experience is they (the Scots) don't much like each other, never mind anyone else.

I'll be voting UKIP. Sick of all the others.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast