Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: davidson/sutherland

Default davidson/sutherland

Trying to trace my great granny, this is a long shot, can anyone help with this??????

I'm not sure if this is the right Elizabeth or not but

Elizabeth Davidson born in 1892 and died in 1968
    wife of James Sutherland (joiner)

There are two sons but not sure if she is the mother or not

William - born in 1924 and died in 1945 (had an accident and sustained an injury to his spine)
    George - born in 1931 and died in 1988 - he was married to an Elizabeth B Gall

As I say not sure if this is the right elizabeth or not but would like to know either way

thanks in advance

Ive just had a look at Scotlands people web site! On 6th February 1914 at Bilbster Wick,a James Sutherland aged32 ,joiner/journeyman, married Elizabeth Davidson aged22.
    Her mother is called Elizabeth Sutherland, no father named! so Elizabeth could have been illigitimate.
    James parents are John Davidson,farm servant,Mother is Elizabeth Bruce.
    On Scotlands people you will find all the b,m and death certificates .for a small fee.
    Happy hunting!

Hi there, thanks for the info, just worked out this cannot be the person I am looking for as the Elizabeth Sutherland I am looking for, her father was called Donald. Just have to keep on hunting!!!!!