Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinScot View Post
    According to an Italian friend of mine living in Edinburgh, Italians only stands a maximum stay of 6 months in Scotland and then leave, even though at home they have the cr*ppiest government in Europe. Mind you, it is not because of secessionists but the weather, which they consider unbearable.
    I work with an Italian who's been here at least 6 or 7 years - he seems to like it here.

They're right about the weather though. I get more and more depressed by winter every year....

We're in stitches here! You're playing a blinder SiS.

The land if fire and Ice ! Iceland if no maybe the faeros
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Flying_Lion_Rampant.gif[/IMG]

North Uist.

C3.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    I work with an Italian who's been here at least 6 or 7 years - he seems to like it here.They're right about the weather though. I get more and more depressed by winter every year....
    As my friend, I guess... she's been here 5 years, but she always said if she had the money for a decent living there she would go back. Unfortunately the unemployment rate is staggering, 28% (not the official one in the government propaganda, it seems).
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. "

- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    You've obviously moved around a fair bit Merlin. What was the attraction for Britain?
    I am very guilty M Swanson... I chose Scotland on purpose :/I have no idea why, I guess curiosity... Came here to improve my English language skills and... Years passed by!!

As my friend, I guess... she's been here 5 years, but she always said if she had the money for a decent living there she would go back. Unfortunately the unemployment rate is staggering, 28% (not the official one in the government propaganda, it seems).
    I'm not sure, but I think my Italian friend has had many opportunities to go back. It's possible that he's stayed for the sake of his daughter's education, but I think he genuinely likes it here.

I am very guilty M Swanson... I chose Scotland on purpose :/I have no idea why, I guess curiosity... Came here to improve my English language skills and... Years passed by!!
    That answers my question. Thanks Merlin.

I haven't decided which will way I will vote but either way I will stay in my home country and crack on with it. Because I am not a whining little pansy who throws my teddy out of the cot if I don't get my own way.

Those of you against Independence who are saying they will leave should it be voted in look down .. now. Your pants are on fire aren't they ??, but hey if they aren't then don't let the door hit your backside on the way out. At least that annoying droning whine will disappear when you jog on to pastures new.
    Last edited by Retread; 02-Feb-13 at 23:41. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I haven't decided which will way I will vote but either way I will stay in my home country and crack on with it. Because I am not a whining little pansy who throws my teddy out of the cot if I don't get my own way.

Those of you against Independence who are saying they will leave should look down .. now. Your pants are on fire aren't they ??, but hey if they aren't then don't let the door hit your backside on the way out. At least that annoying droning whine will disappear when you jog on to pastures new.
    Your record on this forum says otherwise. You usually throw your toys out of the pram and run away. What's happened to make you act differently since your last exit?

Your record on this forum says otherwise. You usually throw your toys out of the pram and run away. What's happened to make you act differently since your last exit?
    The clue is in the name, when they get worn down and no place to go then they get a new lease of life and get Retread.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I have travelled all over the world a lot in my younger days, and always said there is no place like home. Am I worried if Eck and his cronies get in, NO I am not, so I will stay where I am.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The clue is in the name, when they get worn down and no place to go then they get a new lease of life and get Retread.
    He won't last long. He never does....

Have you any room in your suitcase for Flynn?
    I've already been there.
    Radical, Man!

I suppose it needs to be asked ...... how many of you would be able financially, to go anywhere outside of Britain? I, for one, wouldn't be able to. No other country in the world provides, to the same extent that our does.
    Then you have not been to Australia or Canada. You really should try putting away the Daily Mail and actually travelling the world. It opens your mind.
    Radical, Man!

North or south?
    Mid. Tregaron in Ceredigion. Have a place there already where I live four months out of every twelve.
    Radical, Man!

I've never been to Mid Wales. It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Then you have not been to Australia or Canada. You really should try putting away the Daily Mail and actually travelling the world. It opens your mind.
    This made me laugh out loud, I swear so!! Completely agree with you. Unfortunately the problem abroad (meaning 'abroad a lot') isn't a worse lifestyle than in Uk or Europe, the immigration laws and the subsequent bureaucracy make your life hell and ruin your stay in those countries, even though your life is much better than in the Old Continent....

I would stay right here and work hard to make sure that the changes that need to be made are made in the best way possible. I would expect we would all work together to make sure that happen through our elected government and a robust and challenging opposition to that government.

I've never been to Mid Wales. It looks good.
    It is a beautiful region. Here's a video of the area, made on a bike ride. http://s1353.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9d7546ed.mp4
    Last edited by Flynn; 03-Feb-13 at 11:41.
    Radical, Man!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast