Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Android Tablet

Default Android Tablet

Having a problem getting started with my tablet. I am with AOL and when I put my hub password in the tablet it comes up as locked and say " authentication problem". In the user guide it tells me the network has been encrypted and I need a password before the connection can be established. When I first put it on I also had the choice of BT as well, but I reset the tablet and now only AOL comes up...What other password would I need..?

prob the encryption method
    there is setting to changed that to WPA2
    which is what AOL hubs use

is your hub [router / internet box connected to your phone line } from BT or AOL?

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

I have limited knowledge of computers, but at some point WPA2 does appear on th tablet, we have a AOL hub and the phone line is with Talk Talk..

Our Aol connection has been down since Friday night and so has a lot of friends and family. I tried to phone and explain but informed me that it is a router problem! A new router will be sent out but I think it may be a problem with the exchange as everyone has the same problem?
    life is for living xx

If you're on the Thurso exchange then it may not be the router, but the broadband password - I posted an explanation here

Brilliant thank you, I will try this tonight. After a 3hr phone call last time explaining that it is not the router I hope this call is better!!
    life is for living xx

If you do end up talking to a person (rather than the automated but much handier Username & Password Retrieval option) then just say you want to know what your Broadband Username & Password are - don't let them fob you off with 'What's the Make/Model/Operating System of your PC/Router' as they'll blame anything rather than admit they messed up !