Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Execution of Saddam Hussein

"With every week of insurgency in a war zone with no front, these companies are becoming more deeply enmeshed in combat, in some cases all but obliterating distinctions between professional troops and private commandos. Company executives see a clear boundary between their defensive roles as protectors and the offensive operations of the military. But more and more, they give the appearance of private, for-profit militias — by several estimates, a force of roughly 20,000 on top of an American military presence of 130,000. "I refer to them as our silent partner in this struggle," Senator John W. Warner, the Virginia Republican and Armed Services Committee chairman, said in an interview."

"Pentagon and coalition authority officials said they had no precise tally of how many private security guards are being paid with government funds, much less how many have been killed or wounded. Yet some Democrats and others suggest that the Bush administration is relying on these companies to both mask the cost of the war and augment an overstretched uniformed force."

They're not mercenaries. They are people employed in a security role to protect vulnerable 'assets'. Just because they come from a military background they are mercenaries? Errr, spend 9 years serving in the military then get demobbed there is not a lot of use for your training and skills in civvy street.

So what about the UK police officers sent to Iraq to retrain the Iraqi Police. Are they also mercenaries? They are being paid to be there. They are working to improve the lot of the Iraqi people. There are police officers from other nations also working out there. They're still over paid and over there....

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?...=1018027636137
    Last edited by MadPict; 29-Dec-06 at 17:22.

'Security role' etc. is just a euphemism for mercenary.

http://www.albionmonitor.com/0404a/iraqmercenaries.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    'Security role' etc. is just a euphemism for mercenary.

http://www.albionmonitor.com/0404a/iraqmercenaries.html
    HA HA HA come on, what absolute nonsense. You are just unwilling to listen to a point of view backed up with fact and not tabloid rubbish :L

Are you going to quote newspapers all day? Just because a newspaper chooses to misuse the term mercenary you are going to take it as gospel. They again Quote Blackwater USA, which is an american company hired by the USA which has a prerequisite to be a US Citizen to gain employment, therefore they are not mercenaries?
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 29-Dec-06 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    HA HA HA come on, what absolute nonsense. You are just unwilling to listen to a point of view backed up with fact and not tabloid rubbish :L

Are you going to quote newspapers all day?

At least I have something to quote. You seem to have nothing, I have seen you post no 'facts'. Unless you think world opinion, world news agencies etc are all wrong and only you are right?

Would you consider the BBC as 'tabloid'? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3136428.stm

At least I have something to quote. You seem to have nothing. Unless you think world opinion, world news agencies etc are all wrong and only you are right?

Would you consider the BBC as 'tabloid'? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3136428.stm
    Unlike you I don't need to quote anyone, I am speaking for myself and using my own mind, you on the other hand surf for stuff you can use from newspapers, you can quote the Queen for all I care, I quoted someone else and asked how they came about the figure that 30%+ of the US Armed Forces do not have a green card, you choose to answer for that person so you are digging your own hole, and still haven't answered my question yourself, so its not worth arguing with you if you don't have your own theory on it all?

I am not answering for anyone else. I am answering the assertion that there are no mercenaries in Iraq. This is plainly not true.

Count the number of British soldiers out there. That is your number of mercenaries, sold into an illegal war by Poodle Blair.

No this was your answer to the question I asked Kellskogg.

Get your facts write and remember what you have written, you have not answered that question nor have you proved that there are no mercenaries in Iraq, an I didn't say their wasn't either, I am merely pointing out to you that in all the newspaper quotes you have shown, the poeple and companies in thos articles are NOT MERCENARIES, end of stories so you can take the cotton wool out of your lugs now.

These Googleers can find all the Conspiracy ammo they could possibly desire by just spending time on the 'net. They have no interest if the facts are true or not, just as long as they fit into the warped view they have of the world and all its machinations.

There are familiar themes reappearing amongst the posts of fred and his new consort "Conscience" - I'd just laugh at their preposterous posts and be grateful there is better rubbish on the Tv right now....

[quote=Jeemag_USA;And that doesn't cover the point that 30% + of the US Armed forces don't have a green card (none of them need one anyway because they are US Citizens).

Apologies, I should have been clearer. It's 30%+ who are fighting for the US military on the promise of a green card.

Service guarantees citizenship - Starship Troopers.

No this was your answer to the question I asked Kellskogg.

Get your facts write and remember what you have written, you have not answered that question nor have you proved that there are no mercenaries in Iraq, an I didn't say their wasn't either, I am merely pointing out to you that in all the newspaper quotes you have shown, the poeple and companies in thos articles are NOT MERCENARIES, end of stories so you can take the cotton wool out of your lugs now.

I was not trying to prove there are no mercenaries in Iraq. I was proving there are.

If you want to let Government spin doctors pull the wool over your eyes that is your choice. If you want to ignore the world's news agencies that is your choice. But do not expect the rest of us who do observe the news to listen to you when you have nothing to back up your statements.

Whether you like it or not 'Security Firms' = Mercenaries. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4950004.stm
    Last edited by Conscience; 29-Dec-06 at 18:06.

Mercenaries are still the image in many people's minds of private warfare, but private companies now provide services ranging from personal security and weapons maintenance to the interrogation of prisoners.
    These are all tasks which do not require a person trained to fight in a frontline scenario. These are support roles if you wish to call them that.
    It frees up the fighting man or woman to do what they are paid to do which is kill the enemy.

This "privatisation" is nothing new. Civilian cooks taking over from the military cooks in service messes. Civilian engineers taking on the servicing of frontline aircraft in the RAF. Civilian mechanics involved in the servicing of vehicles and armour. Weapons used to be serviced by soldiers called armourers. It's now done by civvies. Medical staff that used to be military are now being replaced by civilians - military hospitals are being closed because the local NHS can treat the sickly serviceman or woman. The military is not what it used to be. It is now run by accountants and they push for cutbacks wherever they can.
    Get the best bang for the buck.
    Last edited by MadPict; 29-Dec-06 at 18:26.

Those pesky mercenaries, sorry, I mean 'Private Security Personnel' wink wink, keep popping up everywhere... here they are on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

I was not trying to prove there are no mercenaries in Iraq. I was proving there are.

If you want to let Government spin doctors pull the wool over your eyes that is your choice. If you want to ignore the world's news agencies that is your choice. But do not expect the rest of us who do observe the news to listen to you when you have nothing to back up your statements.

Whether you like it or not 'Security Firms' equals Mercenaries. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4950004.stm
    ok your going to have to explain to me how I am letting Government Spin Doctors pull wool over my eyes, quote me and prove how you know that to be true.

Most news agencies get their stories from the same sources, when news is slim most news agencies are experts in the craft of making a story where there is not one, this is a prime example.

Whether I like it or not - Security Firms + Merenaries. Oh so I have no choice in the matter, because you choose to believe everything you read in the paper, the word Mercenaries is now being replaced in dictionaries and encyclopeadies by "Security Firms"

Not once in our little discussion have I let outside sources or any other source cloud my OWN judgement.

I have merely pointed out fact to you, something youc an discover yourself outside of a NEWSPAPER. A mercenary has a distinct definition. The Security compnies involved are companies hired by their respective governments to maintain a specific task, in these companies the employees are required to hold citizenship, they are not employed in an aggressive nature and they are not at the forefront of military operations, they are not kicking in doors and searching for insurgents, the are protecting buildings and other interests where they are probably gaurding exits and entrances etc. The employees are paid by the company they work for, the compnay is contracted by the USA or the UK, therefore they cannot be called Mercenaries. The reason the newspapers are spinning this story is because they want to picture Wild Geese or Black and Tans roaming the streets shooting people, and unfortunately a lot of people get "the wool pulled over their eyes" by that.

There is nothing hidden in all of this, neither the US or UK goverment deny they are using security forces to protect vital installations, protect being the key word, its a defensive occupation, and in the interestes of protection fire will be met with fire and not before. So there is no story in that if its no big secret, but it can sure be made into one using trickery of words and willing listeners.

The words "Sheep" and "Follow" come to mind (yawn)
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 29-Dec-06 at 18:54.

You have not let any outside influences inform you either. You have been conned by government spin doctors, they use the term 'Private Security Contractors' because they know the term 'Mercenaries' is a vote loser. You have swallowed their spin hook, line and sinker.

The BBC is not a newspaper.
    Last edited by Conscience; 29-Dec-06 at 18:56.

You have not let any outside influences inform you either. You have been con ned by the spin doctors, they use the term 'Private Security Contractors' because they know the term 'Mercenaries' is a vote loser. You have swallowed their spin hook, line and sinker.

The BBC is not a newspaper.
    Prove it or stop babbling nonsense, I know I haven't!

You quoted http://news.bbc.co.uk BBC News is a news agencies, your just nit picking because you don't have a mind to back yourself up.

Prove it or stop babbling nonsense, I know I haven't!
    I refer people to read your posts. All the proof is there for anyone to see. You post nothing to back up your arguments, you only post your own opinion. Unfortunately for you your opinion is not fact.

I refer people to read your posts. All the proof is there for anyone to see. You post nothing to back up your arguments, you only post your own opinion. Unfortunately for you your opinion is not fact.
    OK we will let everyone have a read and see what they think then

What a laugh you are. "Unfortunately your opinion is not your opinion"
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 29-Dec-06 at 19:07.

I am glad I cheered up your day.

Here are some more references for you. You might like to add them to your bookmarks and check them out occasionally. In fairness I included three very different news sources:

BBC News

ABC News

CNN News

The FACT is there are MERCENARIES operating in Iraq. The FACT is many of them were hired by the Pentagon. The FACT is you are wrong. Have a nice day.

OK you have a nice day too. I am sending you a new pair of blinkers as a belated Christmas present, I don't think your old ones are big enough

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast