Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: software

Default software

I just bought a new guitar lead that has a usb bit on the end so you can plug into your computer. Does anyone know of any decent software i can download so i can use it? Preferably one with various effects and stuff like that.

You could try Reaper - http://www.reaper.fm/

you can try picture viewer for mac Photo+.
    Seize every moment, take photos, and recall all the beautiful days by viewing them with image viewer mac

Quote Originally Posted by kama2134 View Post
    you can try picture viewer for mac Photo+.
    Ooh, thats well smart.....a guitar with a built in camera....whatever will they think of next?

Well you have lots of options available to you here..
    1) you could pay lots of money for a program that is an industry standard like pro tools.
    2) you could try reaper for around £60 (it is good value when using wi$$$ws programs.
    3) you could search for " Ubuntu Studio" which is a linux platform that has Ardour pre installed software. Ubuntu studio is completely free all you have to do is download it burn to pen drive or disk and you can even try it as a live disk meaning that you can try it before you install it onto your pc. There is a steep learning curve for people who have not used studio programs before but it has all the features that any (even the most rip-off) programs have.

I don't know if a guitar to usb will work as I have never tried that but you may also need to invest in a usb audio interface so that your pc can pick up the guitar (audio signal)
    Last edited by gordongunn; 05-Jul-13 at 07:30.