Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: half canned

Default half canned

tonight 9pm 28th dec holborn hotel playing live.

I know this was 2 days ago the gig but is that the band from wick..With Roddy as the singer..Think thats his name???

Half Canned is a very old band aren't they, by old I mean they have been going a while, I think they are from Wick, not sire if its the same band or the same singer I am thinking of but he is maried to my cousin? I might be wrong.

Oh right maybe i have the wrong band then, I just know a guy from wick who played in band called half canned..I think roddy (think thats his name) Is in his 40s not too sure tho..

Default Half Canned

The duo comprises of Roddy Mackay on guitar and vocals and Barry Reid on guitar and vocals. Roddy is in his 40's and Barry like me will be 50 next year.
    They have been playing as Half Canned for around 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by auldchiel View Post
    The duo comprises of Roddy Mackay on guitar and vocals and Barry Reid on guitar and vocals. Roddy is in his 40's and Barry like me will be 50 next year.
    They have been playing as Half Canned for around 10 years.
    I am on the wrong person, after a conflab with mither, it was James Russell I was thinking of.

Default James Russel

James ( Shorty to his friends ) is back playing bass and singing with Remix
    I kent his faither

Quote Originally Posted by Camra View Post
    Thanks for the info

Ahh...I thought it was Roddy Mackay..Thanks for the Info there auldchiel.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

that'll be Roddy Mackay aka Bod

I've got an old reel of tape that was recorded by Gleber2 in about 1983-84 & has RM (Bod), Spike Tate, Keith Matheson?? & possibly somebody else involved. Can't for the life of me remember the song title.............Weekend Girl??............nope it's not to clear, might be Weekend Girl

I do remember Keith having a lot of drums & Spike had an SG bass that I beleive is back in our collection

Quote Originally Posted by Camra View Post
    Remix? What century are we living in, here?

Default James Russell

I am on the wrong person, after a conflab with mither, it was James Russell I was thinking of.

You are probably getting confused as James Russell is Barry Reid's brother in law and they played together in Candy before the band split up and Barry and Roddy went on to form Half Canned after a short spell with Kate Bain whilst James started a band called Midnight Blue with Jim Sutherland on drums and Douglas Cowie on guitar.

Has anyone thought of doing a family tree sort of thing!!

Caithness bands from prehistoric days to present.

Just think how many branches there would be just featuring the afore mentioned Mr. Russell alone!!

Is there a band he hasn't played in? (Sorry James - forgive me, I'm still on holiday).

Quote Originally Posted by auldchiel View Post

You are probably getting confused as James Russell is Barry Reid's brother in law and they played together in Candy before the band split up and Barry and Roddy went on to form Half Canned after a short spell with Kate Bain whilst James started a band called Midnight Blue with Jim Sutherland on drums and Douglas Cowie on guitar.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk