Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Cullen Skink

Default Cullen Skink

One of my sisters spent her summer holiday in Banffshire. At the hotel she ordered the Cullen skink and despite not being a fish lover she really enjoyed this dish. As she's been very unwell lately, I thought I might try to make her one for a treat and wonder if any of you could help, please? Maybe you know how to make it a little bit special, as it's a Scottish dish. Thanks.

I fry off a few leeks in butter over low heat to just soften then add the tatties peeled and roughly chopped up then add just enough water to cover bring to boil then turn down to a simmer..have a cup of tea ...then pour in double cream and some natural smoked haddies a bit later on when tatties are nearly ready and just before serving add some chopped parsley and freshly ground pepper(we like black peppergrounds)
    Errm quantities ....3-4 leeks 4-6 natural smoked haddies a doz big tatties and a pint double cream......serves loads!...but freezes fine !
    Last edited by Dadie; 22-Dec-12 at 00:20.
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Thanks Dadie. I've just copied your instructions and will give it a go.

Ermm use a good few tatties (couple of lbs.)...a doz or more loose tatties!
    3 or 4 big leeks....
    I cook for masses as hub has photographed a few meals he has struggled with or got a friend in to help eat....as I cook to feed the 5000 any way!...but it freezes well!
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!