Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

I must admit that, in the past, I have found myself annoyed and even angry at some of your posts but this one has me splitting my sides with laughter.
    How beautifully you display to the world your childish, petty mind.
    BTW I was using my first computer to record with when you were three years old and you would find that I have more than a fair knowledge of computer terminology having bought E Magic ten years ago before going on to Protools.
    Once called you a pratt on this forum and you have done nothing but illustrate the veracity of this appellation ever since. What makes you think I don't give modern music a chance? You are, as usual, jumping to erroneous conclusions from insufficient evidence.
    Have your say next Jeid but the level of your vituperation will not, I am sure, warrant a response.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I love how you always avoid the questions asked and try to make out that you're not bothered. The simple answer for everyone to see, is that you don't have answers... all talk and no action, as always with you, you old fool.

If you do indeed give modern music a chance, I'll be seeing you on the 24th... if not, then I rest my case.
    Last edited by Jeid; 07-Mar-07 at 00:11.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

careful now jeid

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I love how you always avoid the questions asked and try to make out that you're not bothered. The simple answer for everyone to see, is that you don't have answers... all talk and no action, as always with you, you old fool.

If you do indeed give modern music a chance, I'll be seeing you on the 24th... if not, then I rest my case.

Away you go and smoke a bowl...
    Yawn!!!!!!!!
    Everyword you spew, my bairnie, illustrates how purile you thought process's are. Keep it up, and let the whole world see you for what you are.

Smile ....

Are The Maydays part of the 5% u do like Gleber? Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by theboysintheband View Post
    Are The Maydays part of the 5% u do like Gleber? Lol!!
    I have a great respect for your abilities and so far I am quite impressed by what I have heard of your band. Anyway, your a nice, humble chiel with a lot of talent. I respect most people I can say that of. How did the Glasgow/Edinburgh gigs go.
    Watch yerself Darren, they might call you a yesman or a disciple.

Much appreciated!Lol! Glasgow was a disaster! Wrong venue for our genre and all that! Better sound and venue for 1st Edinburgh one but no a big crowd! But the second was all that u'd ask for in a gig!

Im kinda hi-jackin' a thread here! I'll just state that I'm remaining neutral!

Sticks and stones...

Childish? Hahaha... take a look at your signature

I'll get your dummy for you shall I?

Default this thread is know a rope

Remember in the deep dark history of this thread, it started with a innocent question, and now it dived into the realms of character/caricature assassination. Why have we got there, I havn't a scooby, could it be a clash of the titans, certainly one side is a titan, the other well we wait and see. Regardless if you like J fats or not, every now and again hard graft pays off, and if you witnessed the performance in the newmarket last weekend, you have to dob your hat and respect!. There have been times that i have watched J.f perform and the spark just wasn't there, but you cant be kickin every night, and he would be the first to say this, The crux of of this point is the whole band, chobbs and willy, who are without doubt masters of their chosen art, or in chobbs case any art in music,(how is he on the jewish harp?)So where does that leave the young pretender, well its a long road to be remembered, and so far he hasn't got his trainers dirty yet, but he has time on his hands, and as the song goes, the road is long, so we listen and wait. With all this slagging going on there must be a song forming some where.

Thankyou, Sir, for your kind words.
    There are several different ways to go about playing music. There is the simple way, play the same songs in the same way for years after painstakingly learning the parts. The vital part of music is therefore missing and this is probably why I dislike modern music so much. At the other extreme you have musicians like myself who are improvisers and never play the same song in the same way twice. It is impossible to be kicking every night if you play like the latter. However, when it does kick, the audience knows it and the music can fly, as it did last week in the Newmarket. Once you have heard a band play the same set twice it loses all spontaneity and gets stale after a while.
    I hope that the times you heard me and it was not kicking that it was still interesting to you. So much depends on the rest of the group and, in Chobbersjnr, I have finally found a drummer who really understands where the music is coming from and keeps time like a clock. It is good to be once more playing sone-age music in pubs where the audience is always to the door and having a great time as it has been on every occasion I have played since I decided to come out of retirement.

Reevs MOshpit anyone, YAY

Yes, i have arrived to have my say children, ah, everyone smiles with glee

Id first like to thank Kev for his "kind" and obviously uncarcastic views on the one the only DURESS...or maybe it was on me, meh, great words Kev, HAIL TO THE PLASTIC FOOZEBALL

Ah, fighting galore, let me answer some little statements

first of all:

Where did Estrella get too, well, its pretty obvious, Aberdeen

Gleber2 hates 95% of modern music, the other 5% belongs to Plastic Fooze, EXCELLENT TASTE MAN

Astrocrap..meh, its only a name just like FANTASMO JOHNSON which is way better though haha

Duress are a COVER BAND, yup this is true, i think everyone knows this, why its a bad thing i do not know, meh, i know im better than you all as you all know this is true, especially Chobbers

Random Jibberish at gigs, my OPINION is, this has to be done, i like to get the banter, i LOVE to talk, i do it well, it works

Fighting on the internet: well, it never ends, no one is ever willing to back down, here everyone sis a witness to it, so the ego's take over and run rampant, hey, im an offender, i dont like backing down, why...... drum and ace drum and bass drum and ace on the bass (been a while since last i spealed that)

Personnal tastes: We all like differant things, some people hate modern music, some people hate childish behaviour (i must be hated then) some people hate random jibberish (hhhmmm me again maybe?) some people hate cover bands(seeing a pattern here......) some people hate marmite (its a love hate thing there) everyone loves duress (this is a fact of life )

Finally, id like to wish all the wannabe duress acts well at the big gig and any other gigs you all take part in, GAME ON KIDDOS'S

Ah, the good ole days of me and Pablo, ITS AWESOME

LOVE TO JUDE AND THE MAYDAYS and hit me with the good ole back office boom stick, HOOOOOOHAAAAAAAA

OH WELL, BACK TO XBOX LIVE I GO.........
    Last edited by Reev; 07-Mar-07 at 02:05.
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

If only all could see as clear as ye.
    You're my hero Reeve.

Woo Hoo, this thread is getting heated. I'm off work and all my mates are working so i quite fancy an argument!

Gleber, I agree with Jeid when it comes to your attitude to other Musicians in this county. You come across as having a holier than thou mind set when speaking to you. You haven't the first idea about the style astronot are producing, or why they are doing it. You judge folk on their technical ability as if no-one could match yours. Open up your ears and go to some other gigs, you're in for a shock! There is some real talent up here for the first time in years. We are enjoying the re-birth of a music scene (at long last!) and you've come out of retirement and criticized everything since. Why?

I went to see you in the Newmarket a couple of Sundays ago, now, you don't play anything like what i listen to, but to be fair you were a pretty good damn band. However, that being said you didn't exactly get me jumping up and down. Most of the afternoon was spent speaking to old friends and other musicians I haven't seen in a while. You were providing great background music with no real excitement. For the exception of Chobbers solo for which I applaud! I actually walked away from someone in mid conversation to watch it. But that was it, one real moment of excitement. I must stress that im not a great fan of country or blues, so maybe thats why I couldnt get all that excited about what I was listening to, or maybe its because I've heard it all before from thousands of different artists and the appeal has been lost on me.

So thats my critical view of your band, based on personal and professional opinion. Maybe you should go and see Astronot on the 24th, then you could form an opinion on them that is based on their music rather than on what you think of Jeids attitude. Yes, Atsronot are not as technically gifted as you and your son, but by god they know how to put on a show, and how to write original material that folk actually want to listen to. And that, as far as im concerned, is more than any other band has done up here........ever!

I'll leave this post on one note, Gleber, you should learn some humility from your son. He's a top bloke whom I cannot fault. With his exceptional talent it would be easy for him to be as big headed as you, but he is not. He can understand and respect different styles of music and criticize or praise fairly. Something you clearly cannot do.

I respect your opinion, but, like Jeid you base so much of your conclusions on stories you have got from many other sources. However that is your opinion and you are entitled to it even though you are wrong on so many points. Perhaps you should discuss the situation with my son and perhaps he, speaking from a knowledge of me and my music spanning his entire life, might put you right on a few points. After all, he was educated,brought up and introduced to music by me and it has been said many times that one can judge the man by his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    I respect your opinion, but, like Jeid you base so much of your conclusions on stories you have got from many other sources. However that is your opinion and you are entitled to it even though you are wrong on so many points. Perhaps you should discuss the situation with my son and perhaps he, speaking from a knowledge of me and my music spanning his entire life, might put you right on a few points. After all, he was educated,brought up and introduced to music by me and it has been said many times that one can judge the man by his children.
    Sorry, what part of my stories have I concluded from many other sources?

And what could i discuss with chobbers, its obvious in the great Astronot vs J Fats band adventure that he would side with you given your his Dad and he plays in the band! Also, im sure he wouldnt want to argue with me in the merits of your caithness muso God status, as once again he would not back down, being your son, and I would not concede as I obvoiusly dont agree with your opinions. I suggested you take a leaf out of his book regarding humility, not how he's turned out as a musician (without any argument im sure everyone would agree that he's got them beat on technical ability in every department!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Sorry, what part of my stories have I concluded from many other sources?

And what could i discuss with chobbers, its obvious in the great Astronot vs J Fats band adventure that he would side with you given your his Dad and he plays in the band! Also, im sure he wouldnt want to argue with me in the merits of your caithness muso God status, as once again he would not back down, being your son, and I would not concede as I obvoiusly dont agree with your opinions. I suggested you take a leaf out of his book regarding humility, not how he's turned out as a musician (without any argument im sure everyone would agree that he's got them beat on technical ability in every department!)
    Your knowledge and experience of me is nonexistant. How then can you arrive at such strong opinions except by listening to the stories and tales about me that have benn circulating since time began. If my son tells the truth as he sees it, he is just defending me and if he disagrees with what is being said he is not being honest. That is basically what your saying. You obviously don't know Isaac very well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Your knowledge and experience of me is nonexistant. How then can you arrive at such strong opinions except by listening to the stories and tales about me that have benn circulating since time began. If my son tells the truth as he sees it, he is just defending me and if he disagrees with what is being said he is not being honest. That is basically what your saying. You obviously don't know Isaac very well either.
    So if soo many folk have been saying it...............................?

Not at all, I just dont expect him to agree with me, nor to I think he should but he's hardly going to have an unbiased opinion is he?

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    So if soo many folk have been saying it...............................??
    people talk all the time.....................I had heard he was dead, got lung cancer amongst other things. Some people had heard so many references to that black personage fats that people when meeting the guy thought he was black

This is Caithness the county with the biggest, fastest & nastiest rumour mill ever. a place that is full of people that have been argueing etc etc for years some of them I can remember going so far back that Jeid was barely born. Nothing changes apart from the people argueing

grief I'm off back to my studio to produce distortion. At least it don't argue with me

I've played Jimmy Shand to Jimmy Hendrix & Bob Dylan to Blink 182 & it's all good if I'm on stage getting a wage for it. If I'm at home then there's very little of what I do live gets on my CD player & most of what does would probably be considered rubbish by Joe Blogg.

One thing I can say is that The J. Fats Band it is always fresh, up to the minute & mostly improvised which keeps it fun to play rather than knowing exactly what comes next to the point it could be done on autopilot........................BORING

I've been in the company of many many many people who have been guilty of what G2 is being accused of, I've had my hands up in the past as well but I don't remember any verbal lynch mobs forming along the likes of which I'm reading here & it's true to say B/mac that you don't know G2 at all in anyway whatsoever.................................
    Last edited by Chobbersjnr; 07-Mar-07 at 15:27.

Welcome to the most popular and fastest growing thread on the org!!!!

Please feel free to post your own personal views, regardless of consequence and the offence of others, of how you feel towards the other members this thread.

Sarcasm BTW (im covering my a ,ss with this word here)

Stop bloomin arguing, internet disputes NEVER get solved.

Its the same argument aswell, theres no new material here guys.

At the end of the day, all who are active in the music scene (or not) in thurso or anywhere even. All have a different view on whats good or crap. All produce/play/write different kinds of music. All will have their own attitude towards it. All will appeal to a different generation/taste of person and All have their own opinions.

^^Fact for all time^^

We all have one big thing in common - Music!

And knowing that there are so many people/places/genres here is a good thing.

Live with it and appreciate the reason why you lot got into it in the first place.

Im sure it wasnt to argue guys!!

(of course that is my own opinion. he he)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast