Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Erm, the two nights with mixed is what i was going for. if you would read my previous post you would have found it!!

I am actually confused now, are you likeing the idea of two mixed nights or not?

u dissagreed with me then u agreed with zeb. ?

Im not picking, but i think it should be evened out.

I agreed with zebedee before and i am again, although he actually repeated his first post aswell!! he he.

Ill endevour to write shorter posts in the future eh!

BK
    hmmm you sound like you've been on the tea again kev, Earl Grey does funny things to you, I'll have you know...............

Quote Originally Posted by midi2304 View Post
    My 2p worth.

Friday night. Young bands. People go to Skins. All the young bands play in front of absolutely no one, confidence shattered.

Saturday night. Older bands. Everybody goes. PLace is heaving. Great night had by all.

Or Friday and Saturday nights, put a mix of old and young on BOTH nights. You end up with average numbers on both nights and probably an average buzz.

Tough call.
    I agree, I think it should be mixed, whenever you attend a more than one day event like say T in the park or something, they don't out all the newer acts on one night and the more well known ones on the next, nobody would come for the first day. once the final lineup of bands is certain, I woud take what you think is your two bigest crowd pullers and put one on each night.

Imagine a situation like when your kids, ther is 12 of ya and the two best players pick sides for a game of footy, each picks a player he wants until they get down to the fat kid, that way you have a good selection each night and the headliners will pull along the people who really want to be there for the night to hear their favorite band top it all off.

I am of the opinion putting all young bands on one night and all older bands on the next night may be a disaster. But its early days and these are the things you got to think about.

good luck

Imagine a situation like when your kids, ther is 12 of ya and the two best players pick sides for a game of footy, each picks a player he wants until they get down to the fat kid, that way you have a good selection each night and the headliners will pull along the people who really want to be there for the night to hear their favorite band top it all off.

Good idea. Maybe they could 'tic-tac' for first dibs? Or would it need to be 'one-potato-two-potato'?

But seriously...good idea. Two nights in a row is going to be hard enough to get people to subscribe to as it is. Best to make it as hard as possible to decide which one would be the 'best'.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

How about a live webcam draw for the slots?

Great advertising, PR and you don't get blamed for who's one first/last and what day!!

Just a thought (though I know Jeid will contrive some glib response on a detail of the use of my English . . . . . - he likes to argue it appears, on that at least we all agree).

Anyway this was another of those areas when as an organiser you just can't win.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Aint had tea in ages chobbers!

its too much coffee is my problem.

Just another question ive come accross while pondering in the office.

What time is the gig planned to start on the friday?

because its one of the working days of the week (well for a lot of us) naturally the concert would be planned to start after dinner. around 6 or 7 i suppose. on the same idea saturday is (for a lot of us) a day off. and im assuming more of an all day event.

so if the plan of "younger" guys on friday and "older" guys on saturday, would that not mean that you will be putting on a lot more older bands, to pad out around 12 hours, and fewer younger bands, to cram them into the 6 hours say, avaliable on friday night?.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on this Kdragon?

(p.s. this is not critisism)

Talking

well other than the bands on roster nothing is concrete yet as its early days.

due to the response on the forum...

i will make it a mixed two day event.

also i quite like the internet live draw lol

i am planning to have the gig start at five and once we get a big enough crowd gathered start the music.

saturday is an all day event.

so once again if anyone has contact details of bands that they want asked to play or know they want to play then please pm me

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    well other than the bands on roster nothing is concrete yet as its early days.

due to the response on the forum...

i will make it a mixed two day event.

also i quite like the internet live draw lol

i am planning to have the gig start at five and once we get a big enough crowd gathered start the music.

saturday is an all day event.

so once again if anyone has contact details of bands that they want asked to play or know they want to play then please pm me
    Could we get a celebrity to do the draw, someone like Hector Brocklebank

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Just a thought (though I know Jeid will contrive some glib response on a detail of the use of my English . . . . . - he likes to argue it appears, on that at least we all agree).

Considering I haven't posted in this thread in 3 days, that was a pretty poor statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post

Considering I haven't posted in this thread in 3 days, that was a pretty poor statement.
    achhh the children are at it again

with sooooooo many opinions & views I think that everybody should join TTIA & give the Dragon man's lug a rest. It's a hard task to be in charge of an event the likes of which is coming together for TBGII. Hats off to Gogglebox for last year along with my help along with a few others it worked out not to bad

Ahem I had some orger dude called Deemac pointing out the pitfalls then as well

I've been asked what my opinion is regarding the out of town location. I was at the last EOTW concert & it was nowhere near as busy as was hoped. It makes sense that all tha has to be done is take a taxi or a short walk BUT it's apathy

I used to play in Tain OK in various places & always had a reasonable time of it. We stopped gigging Tain for a while due to lack of a decent venue. Right OK the point is somebody bit upon the bullet & opened the Carnegie Lodge hotel as a venue, great stuff he tried his best to make it a venue worth going to & I suppose it wasn't to bad really, but the thing that put people off was they had to go slightly out of town. 5mins across the A9 to be exact & that small travelling distance was the difference between a packed house & a handful....................I've read all the threads etc etc & you could have the event on Mars & I'm pretty confident there'd be Martians in Skins before 12

Go for it Dragon, the only point I have to make & I made it to Gogglebox right on our 1st ever meeting & I'll keep on making it is that running alongside Belladrum tartan hearts is nuts. You could have a dance to mark the end of the gala & run the festival the weekend after. I konow a lot of people that would most likely support the local event but they have their Belladrum tickets bought & paid for

It's a hard world your in Dragon. Start feeding steroids to your chin

aye a live draw would be good to ensure there is no bickering about it's been rigged that so and so has to go first or on friday etc.

Mixing the older and younger bands is a good idea to get equal people on each night

Why not get Cinema For Thurso Group to do the filming & broadcasting?
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    Now that's a good one...!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    HAHA! Wonder what his...I mean "their"... lawyers would have to say about that?
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Talking Some advice for the Big Gig...

If you want your gig to gleam
    Stand out from the poor mainstream
    If you wish to hit big time
    Rarified air, not pool of slime
    Once decision has been made
    You should get professional aid
    In Thurso there's a corporation
    Broadcast to the wider nation

BFT, BFT, Campaign for cinemosity
    BFT, BFT, guaranteed animosity

In order to ensure success
    You must your copyright address
    And grab some words, declare your right
    Defend that phrase with all your might
    Ne'er mind 'bout silly legal things
    Cos in your head you're king of kings

BFT, BFT, the group that's made for you and me
    BFT, BFT, for negative publicity
    A staff of one, himself he chose
    With floppy shoes and a big red nose

And then it starts to get quite sad
    You manifest yourself as mad
    You try to sue the local town
    Which causes charitable frown
    The people who indulged your ass
    Suddenly put you out to grass
    And like a silly dilletante
    You find yourself irrelevant

BFT, BFT, They tried to sue the world you see
    Edge of the World and Big Gig too
    Tea in the Park's the next target, Oooh!

The way to grab control you see
    Is claim that words like 'Park' & 'Tea'
    Are able to be grabbed for free
    At least where applied locally
    The problem is, in legal sense
    (Forgive my seeming ignorance)
    Is, (let me make sure it's spelt right)
    The concept is a toad of plite!

BFT, BFT, We wonder who on earth are you
    To fantasise and try and sue
    A charitable local crew
    BFT, Oh BFT, You really have fell out your tree
    You need to see a shrink or three
    Or go and get some therapy
    (Repeat to fade)
    Names have been changed to protect etc....I'm sure we could continue...however we might get locked!

LMAO!!!!

cheered me up that did

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post
    Now that's a good one...!
    aye top comedy line

Genius Tubthumper! I needed that...

Priceless!!
    A genuine talent Tubthumper!!

Ta Much. Must have had some effect, the thread's not bin locked yet!

Aaaaaaaaaaah, i hath been away from this for quite some time,

Yet more ideas spinning from side to side, well, im personally looking froward to seeing all the duress wannabe acts and, as ive read here, the how to be "Reevalikes" hahaha

all in all the big gig 2.................hhhmmm, the names not quite right, as the line up is it should be "THE WANNABE DURESS ACTS SHOW, With a hint of Reevalikes"

Yup, that sounds about right

HOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast