Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

Anyway, back to the topic.

Have u asked Wick band Jude to play? They are bound to be a favourite with the crowd.

I actually believe that the count ins were interupted by the drummer himself... have you ever met a drummer who can count?

no need!
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Anyway, back to the topic.

Have u asked Wick band Jude to play? They are bound to be a favourite with the crowd.

Yeah, would be brilliant if they played.

how about KW1 or Deja Vu or After Hours or... anyone else?

Who's doing the sound?

How about digging up the bones of Discrepency, no?

Er, no.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

whats the exact date for this ???

month?

Talking

august 10th and 11th

pm me contact details, if any, for jude and i will ask them to play.

so K dragon give a look at the rosta now!?? in full as what u got now?

friday night:

Colin,redwall,waffles,high voltage,on honre, liquid blue.

saturday:

boss hogg, astronot, empty fortune, stevie taylor, duress.

so i need more applicants before mid feb so i can concentrate on the gig itself.

Excuse my ignorance and sheer lazyness to look for myself but when is the Big Gig on this year?

I read the 10th 1nd 11th elsewhere but i cant mind which month its in!!

Im working on a band at the moment (slow progress!), and i would consider us to be quite inexperienced. But alas we are not very young!! Which kinda puts me off thinking about asking for a slot.

Can you imagine it? Redwall (In whatever one man band Andy comes up with! he he) would clearly out shine the likes of myself, who would actually make better use of my axe cutting down trees!!

Its a better split of the bands you have (and indeed more pc) into newcomers and crowd-pleasers.

I agree with a previous post that the lineup should be staggered between the new/experienced bands throughout. In the form of maybe a higher concentration of new guys playing earlier and experienced guys playing later.

This will give everybody exposure to different crowds. Also there will be less grief with all the experienced guys spread throughout the limelight of the two nights instead of packing all the big guys in a oner!

Didnt make much sense written down but i know what i mean!

comments?

p.s. What are the arrangements for technical as far ads artists go? e.g. lights and sound?

BK

Cool

listen up for the last time, i understand everyones input but there are too many bands for one night!

im trying to give the youth of our music community a night to have to themselves. if they are inexperienced fine. but i have scouted most of the bands that are playing and they are more than worthy to play.

if you want that line up of young then old, then it gets cut down to one night, and half the bands play, and if thats the case then it might as well be held in the new redwood or holborn or way inn hall, with a lower sound rig and no lights or high staging, with lower grade equipment, where everyone can come and get hammered and not listen to the bands at all.

cause thats what your all asking for.

ttia arent a multi million pound corporation so everyone should be grateful that they are forking out what cash they have for this, and anything made at these events goes back into the town, as in more musical stuff, if there is a demand for it.

i appreciate evryones input, but if you want that format then the experienced ones will outshine the young. is it such a bad thing to allow young bands a chance to broadcast there sound in an enviroment and atmosphere where they can perform as a band and not stand in a small corner at the back of a pub where everyone is getting drunk and not really listening to the band, apart from the one old geezer who drags his drunk wife in front of the band and does a merry jig.

again as clash 67 wrote a while ago everyone shouts out for these kind of events but they tear it to shreds when its getting done.

and if the format you ask for is given then whose the unlucky young band that goes on stage first to a group of 15 people doddling about, who were eager enough to come on time, they play to a mediocre crowd and as the night goes on the crowd grows more and more and thats when the older bands play. they get the bigger crowd while that young band played to less than a high school classroom. does not seem fair at all. so i give them a night to their own. and to have a member of the musical youth community have doubts about a night dedicated to them is shocking.

My 2p worth.

Friday night. Young bands. People go to Skins. All the young bands play in front of absolutely no one, confidence shattered.

Saturday night. Older bands. Everybody goes. PLace is heaving. Great night had by all.

Or Friday and Saturday nights, put a mix of old and young on BOTH nights. You end up with average numbers on both nights and probably an average buzz.

Tough call.

midi i like your input.

constructive not destructive.

i see your point, with that.

mixing them had occured to me.
    shall consider that.

Default Bands for Big Gig

Just checking.......have Nemesis signed up for Big Gig?

And if you need a suggestion for a jazz band, get Jitz if you don't already

Quote Originally Posted by midi2304 View Post
    My 2p worth.

Friday night. Young bands. People go to Skins. All the young bands play in front of absolutely no one, confidence shattered.

Saturday night. Older bands. Everybody goes. PLace is heaving. Great night had by all.

Or Friday and Saturday nights, put a mix of old and young on BOTH nights. You end up with average numbers on both nights and probably an average buzz.

Tough call.
    Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    midi i like your input.

constructive not destructive.

i see your point, with that.

mixing them had occured to me.
    shall consider that.
    Pritty much what i said back at the near start of this thread!

Good to see he got the message correct. My spelling lets me down in my posts nobody understands me! lol

nemisis are on

Quote Originally Posted by colin stoner View Post
    And if you need a suggestion for a jazz band, get Jitz if you don't already

HAHAhAHAHAHAHAHahhahaahhhahahahahahahahah

Erm, the two nights with mixed is what i was going for. if you would read my previous post you would have found it!!

I am actually confused now, are you likeing the idea of two mixed nights or not?

u dissagreed with me then u agreed with zeb. ?

Im not picking, but i think it should be evened out.

I agreed with zebedee before and i am again, although he actually repeated his first post aswell!! he he.

Ill endevour to write shorter posts in the future eh!

BK

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast