Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

i have a good few of the local bands already on my list....i want more.

also does anyone know of a kickin blues rock group, styles of john lee hooker and bb king clapton, that kinda thing. pm me or email me.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    i have a good few of the local bands already on my list....i want more.

also does anyone know of a kickin blues rock group, styles of john lee hooker and bb king clapton, that kinda thing. pm me or email me.
    I am sure the Gaels could do a set based on those guys for you if you ask them

Any chance this big gig could happen in June while I am home

I am willing to volunteer my artwork services for free if you need it just hit me up with a message.

im going to have a complete roster ready for late feb early march for bands who wish to play at the big gig II on saturdays event.

anyone interested please PM me or Email me.

also on the friday there is a night dedicated to the younger bands, and the up and comers. younger being school bands and bands that dont get much time or opertunity to play.

again pm me or email me if interested

Surely not the same K dragon:

</start quote>
    K dragon
    .Orger

this forum sucks, i now officially retire from this so called "musicians forum"

bunch of stuck up fools, with rubbish ideals and rubbish morals.

stuck in the seventies and eighties with disillusioned newcomers.

thats barring (killarifts, docrock, and possibly clash 67, he fights for a good cause.)

but the rest of you are bossy stuck up people. god, i dont think i have ever been so disgusted by a forum in my ENTIRE LIFE.

your either self indulgent, or so negative or selfish that well.....well im not sure where im going with this but i guess i just think you all suck.

seriously, your no help, and this is by far the worst forum ever. and i refuse to have anything to do with it. not that, it really matters but none the less its a decent declaration.

TOODLES YOU STUCK UP MUSO'S

</end quote>

Would be really interested to know!

Yes, I feel partly resposible for K Dragons previous outburst. He always appeared to be easily offended or rubbed up the wrong way (a true sensitive artistic type no doubt!!)

I did raise an eyebrow (or two) when I discovered that he was taking over the running of the Big Gig event from Googglebox (who is a high energy, hyper, type individual).

From my limited experience of running the Edge of the World Music Festival (EOTW) for 7 years running some time ago (1991 - 1997), one's personality needs to be VERY robust with lots of entheusiastic energy etc.

Somehow K Dragon never struck me as this type of individual. He appeared to bemoan most of the Caithness music scene and most of its participants (that contributed to the org anyway).

I hope I'm very wrong and wish him all the best with the big gig venture which I witnessed first hand last year (and brought back lots of good AND bad memories of the EOTW type gig)
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

still believe he's looking for a drummer as well

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post

From my limited experience of running the Edge of the World Music Festival (EOTW) for 7 years running some time ago (1991 - 1997), one's personality needs to be VERY robust with lots of entheusiastic energy etc.
    Does that include the 2 dayer EOTW at the FBI where for once the sun shone all weekend? One of the best weekends of my life.....
    Give her diesel.....
    In mitigation Mr Bruce de Wert said his client had been drinking and could remember little of the incident.

Thumbs up

you said my band has a space and just so you know its REMAND.

Leadhead Guest

I find it a tad unfiar that the votin thing got puled early. Astronot shouldn't headline. Why? Because all the kidds will b in there beds by then!

BOSS HOGG should headline!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    I find it a tad unfiar that the votin thing got puled early. Astronot shouldn't headline. Why? Because all the kidds will b in there beds by then!

BOSS HOGG should headline!
    Awww come on now. Just cos your choice didn't win doesn't mean you should throw your toys out the pram. Who cares who headlines? Saturday nights headliners are yet to play a gig in their current form but no-one has moaned about that!

Ok, being in both bands that you mention allows me to be the one to respond to your message without any worry of being set upon by the music board hounds (I hope) but I think you'll find that both bands have very similar age groups of people who follow them and it is unfair to dismiss Astronot because you consider them a band for kiddies.

Poor old K Dragon, no matter what he tries to do, it ends up getting pulled to pieces. I think it was a remarkably fair way of doing it, to setup a poll, but still people complain.. Ahh well, thats the caithness musical scene for you.

Personally, I'd have rather seen Duress headline the friday night, with Reeves random banter, and Bones powerposing, theyre ideal headliners :-), but popular opinion is against that it seems, and I'm sure Astronot will be great.

I think the reason no one is complaining about Stevie playing the saturday night headline, is cos, well, its Stevie He always pulls in a good crowd, and with the Fats band not playing, and Estrella not doing it again, surely he's the obvious choice round here?

Oh, and as we polled 2nd, (with a whole 9 votes, about 8 more than people I knew actually liked us *lol*), do we get 2nd slot? Is this what stardom feels like? *rofl* no more autographs people, please

Its all good fun folks, just hope lots of people turn up on the days, and have a great time listening to local bands doing their thing. And please try and support K Dragon, he must be regretting taking all this on, and he needs to be supported, not slammed for every choice he tries to make. Surely this is a good event for the local scene. Just go with the flow, however its setup, and have fun :-)
    Last edited by Kev_Plastic_Food; 06-Mar-07 at 12:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    I think the reason no one is complaining about Stevie playing the saturday night headline, is cos, well, its Stevie He always pulls in a good crowd, and with the Fats band not playing, and Estrella not doing it again, surely he's the obvious choice round here?
    I wasn't complaining about Stevie, Kev. Can't wait to see the new band in action. I've been to a few of their rehearsals and they're sounding tight. Nothing like some classic rock/metal action in a field late on an August evening. Superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    Personally, I'd have rather seen Duress headline the friday night, with Reeves random banter, and Bones powerposing, theyre ideal headliners
    Cheers dude, hopefully someone will have invented the 'Pay as you Talk' Microphone by then. Thus limiting Reevs random gibberish between songs to 'Hello, We are Duress' and, 'Goodnight, We are Duress, You've been a great crowd' lol.