Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: willow

Default willow

Willow cuttings £15 for 100 various sizes available u can have more or less than 100
    P.m me

Quote Originally Posted by boxer View Post
    Willow cuttings £15 for 100 various sizes available u can have more or less than 100
    P.m me
    Length, diameter, variety.first/second year shoots? A wee bit of information would be useful.

Been caught out in the past by folk selling willow slips who say little, promise nothing and deliver exactly what they promise regarding results. To be fair, never bought from local suppliers before (I assume you are local) , but have from suppliers outside Caithness and been well disappointed.

Do you happen to know if weeping willow trees would live up here? Are they as hardy as normal willow?

Good question southern-gal, I've been after a weeping willow for quite some time now but can't seem to source it :/
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

sorry its not weeping willow

Weeping willow does fine, had it in Thurso and also Castletown and it did really well.

Don't know about up there, but Tesco down here has them on at £7 at the moment.

Good luck finding and growing them.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Ive seen them on the net at stupid money £70 or so each I dont want to be paying that!
    Where is your local Tesco changilass?
    If you see any local will you give me a shout please annemarie? Id like a few but not the dwarf ones