Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Broken horizon

Default The Broken horizon

For those who enjoyed 'Follow the Dove,' the sequel can be ordered now.

want to have a good read for christmas?

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=2099
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Is there a book launch/signing session planned like last year, do you know?

The books are here! Buy signed from Author or wait until book signing is arranged, prob in a couple of weeks.

Book signing in DR Simpson's on saturday 15th. Books already selling well with great feedback.

The Broken Horizon.

Chrissie Reid, a young battered wife living on a small Orkney island in 1906 finally turns on her husband, Jack. After a particularly brutal attack, she is driven to offering him poison. With no memory of that night, she believes she has killed him, especially when she discovers the remains of a body buried in the byre.
    In spite of her guilt at having taken another life, Chrissie eventually finds love again. Her strength, determination and love for her fellow islanders carry her through fourteen years of hardship, intercepted and exacerbated by the Great War.
    But the past won’t stay buried, and fourteen years after that fateful night, Chrissie is forced to confront the nightmare that has overshadowed her life.
    With the arrival of a letter, she discovers that nothing is as it seems. A series of events over which she has no control are set in motion. Lies and secrets are uncovered, leading to a dramatic and tragic climax.
    Set partly in the Orkney Islands and partly in the notorious Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, ‘Broken Horizons’ is the sequel to ‘Follow the Dove’ and will hit the shops in early December.

Is now also on sale from Jim Bew in Thurso and Katrina Sutherland in Lybster and all online bookshops.