Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This space.

Default thanx 4 that

from now on im going to change my name to annie gee to save confusion. hope you all have great time over xmas and new year. promise i wont get too drunk hehehehe by the way remind drummer about his guinness cap... cheers
    remember me im annie gee :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    BTW, my new avatar was taken in the Orange Room in 1987 and is a photo of Chobbersjnr playing his first gig on guitar.
    Any chance we could see a full size pic of this? Has chobbers gained much in height since then?

**Chobbers as we all know is getting smaller by the year. His head unfortunetly is getting bigger (its genetic I think!! - Ooops did I say that in public!!)

He was such a sweet wee boy once, now look at him. A good woman will sort him out once and for all and put him in his rightful place I think.

(Now I'm for a doin' . . . . . . .)

** All of the above donates humour (just in case!!)
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    He was such a sweet wee boy once, now look at him. A good woman will sort him out once and for all and put him in his rightful place I think.
    A good woman? Where is Reev these days btw?

I would like to add my request to that Gleber, if you have any old photos of the band from the Oranger Room or anywhere else, would be nice to have a little gallery thread for Nostalgia. I don't think I was absent for a single gig of any band at the Orange Room during that time, and a few times thanks to Nods I was in there all night

Would really like to see some old pics, I know where I can get my hands on some but need to wait until I get home, because remember you played at Neills wedding in the Weigh Inn, there are quite a few pics of you at that gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Would really like to see some old pics, I know where I can get my hands on some but need to wait until I get home, because remember you played at Neills wedding in the Weigh Inn, there are quite a few pics of you at that gig.
    I would be very interested for some pics from the old days as I have very few.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Default Old pictures

So here is one for you to place and name?

ps I'm playing in Crieff Hydro on 28th December!

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post

So here is one for you to place and name?

ps I'm playing in Crieff Hydro on 28th December!
    I still have the Vortexion amp you were using there and I seem to recognise the speakers. Was this the Youth Club circa 1968? Just call me Galactacus and you should be the Grey Surfer, not Silver.

Thats not Ian Sinclair is it? (probably asking for trouble now )

If its not the youth club is it the BB hall. 1968 man, I was born a year later

The bass guitarist is Johnnie Gray. It was the Youth Club and 1968 would be correct.
    The person in the background is 'Prof Humphries' and out of shot the drummer was, I think Graham Walker, and the lead guitarist none other than gleber.

But I am not Johnnie? (more questions than answers!)

and I wish I had enough hair to be grey!

Wow, Prof thats a name I haven't heard for a long time

I know him, and Phil of course.

You're not Phil Humphries are you?

The bass guitarist is Johnnie Gray. It was the Youth Club and 1968 would be correct.
    The person in the background is 'Prof Humphries' and out of shot the drummer was, I think Graham Walker, and the lead guitarist none other than gleber.

But I am not Johnnie? (more questions than answers!)

and I wish I had enough hair to be grey!
    The group was the Jam and Walker was the drummer. Prof was our lights man. One of my all-time favourite bands from the dozens I have played with.
    I think I can actually remember the gig!!

Hey, did you surf down from the Moon.

Ah - the plot thickens. Right era thinking it might be Andy aka Mr Boom but alas...............

Next clue - Eating lots of yoghurts in your house in Morven Place along with Johnnie Gray in the 60's

Ah - the plot thickens. Right era thinking it might be Andy aka Mr Boom but alas...............

Next clue - Eating lots of yoghurts in your house in Morven Place along with Johnnie Gray in the 60's
    The only other name that came to me was Niven!! Can't remember the yoghurts though. Play in the Lomond Band do you? Only band advertised for the Hydro in Crieff.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    A good woman? Where is Reev these days btw?
    He said a good woman, not an old woman

Dear Gleber - alas it is not Roger - remember his beautifully painted Telecaster done by Jane and Angie Campbell - great at the time but would probably be considered a crime against guitars today!
    Now I owe you an apology - the photo was found during a trip into the loft to get the christmas decorations and posted in response to your request for old photos. However I jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun) and advertised my next gig in the same shameless way as Astronot and Diesel and Dust - ie I highjacked your thread.
    My appearance in Crieff will be solo - playing the bagpipes at the wedding of a friend and ex Thurso girl.
    The only band I belong to is Thurso Pipeband where I have the dubious pleasure of being the oldest member. Unlike you, age and experience has not translated into skill and talent and I am left far behind by the youngsters coming up from the Caithness Junior Pipeband!
    Now surely the penny has dropped and you can sleep sound in the knowledge that you have solved the mystery of this thread highjacker.
    For my part I will return to practicising my doublings and grace notes in preparation for next week.
    With very best Thurso wishes to you and Jobbers, Silversurfer

Dear Gleber - alas it is not Roger - remember his beautifully painted Telecaster done by Jane and Angie Campbell - great at the time but would probably be considered a crime against guitars today!
    Now I owe you an apology - the photo was found during a trip into the loft to get the christmas decorations and posted in response to your request for old photos. However I jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun) and advertised my next gig in the same shameless way as Astronot and Diesel and Dust - ie I highjacked your thread.
    My appearance in Crieff will be solo - playing the bagpipes at the wedding of a friend and ex Thurso girl.
    The only band I belong to is Thurso Pipeband where I have the dubious pleasure of being the oldest member. Unlike you, age and experience has not translated into skill and talent and I am left far behind by the youngsters coming up from the Caithness Junior Pipeband!
    Now surely the penny has dropped and you can sleep sound in the knowledge that you have solved the mystery of this thread highjacker.
    For my part I will return to practicising my doublings and grace notes in preparation for next week.
    Thank you for the last post. However the penny has not yet dropped!! Maybe my extreme age has done something to the memories vanishing.

[quote=silversurfer;175963]old photos. However I jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun) and advertised my next gig in the same shameless way as Astronot and Diesel and Dust - ie I highjacked your thread.

It must be pointed out to you silversurfer, that you should check your facts before rushing in with your slanderous comments. NO member of Diesel n Dust has posted on this thread until now. The other posts with references to our band and gigs, was in fact by a friend and fan of the band, and absolutely nothing to do with us. We have no reason to "highjack" anybody's thread. Merry Christmas.
    Asinus asinum fricat

I don't know much about the pipe band, if your the oldest are you the pipe major, would that make you Kevin Gunn?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast