Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This space.

Default This space.

For those of you who do not check out the music threads I would like to say that The J.Fats Band are appearing in the Back Bridge Street Club, Wick on Sat 23rd, The Newmarket Bar, Thurso on the 24th(4 till whenever) and 26th(8 till late). Sutherland and son can be seen in the Grove Bar, Thurso on Mad Friday.
    Sutherland and Son Cd, Blues D'ecosse, is now on sale in Good Vibrations, Newmarket and the Grove in Thurso and Polteny News and Simpsons in Wick.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    For those of you who do not check out the music threads I would like to say that The J.Fats Band are appearing in the Back Bridge Street Club, Wick on Sat 23rd, The Newmarket Bar, Thurso on the 24th(4 till whenever) and 26th(8 till late). Sutherland and son can be seen in the Grove Bar, Thurso on Mad Friday.
    Sutherland and Son Cd, Blues D'ecosse, is now on sale in Good Vibrations, Newmarket and the Grove in Thurso and Polteny News and Simpsons in Wick.
    Oh NO!!!!!! He's going to driiiiive me into the ground!!!!!!!!

Cool xmas gigs

what about DEISEL N DUST. they are playing on sat 23rd in weigh inn motel, xmas night in newmarket, boxing day at 4pm in grove lounge, 29th december in newmarket, 30th in st clair hotel, 31st in st clair hotel,grove on 1st january in afternoon and in st clair hotel in the evening, 4 jan in newmarket.
    with all the bands playing over christmas and new year it should be an enjoyable christmas and new year.
    remember me im annie gee :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    what about DEISEL N DUST. they are playing on sat 23rd in weigh inn motel, xmas night in newmarket, boxing day at 4pm in grove lounge, 29th december in newmarket, 30th in st clair hotel, 31st in st clair hotel,grove on 1st january in afternoon and in st clair hotel in the evening, 4 jan in newmarket.
    with all the bands playing over christmas and new year it should be an enjoyable christmas and new year.
    You'll have sore fingers Mr Dust and your trumpet will be very wet.

what about diesel & dust.....

surely one can get people to read all about it by starting a "diesel & dust gigs" thread??? instead of "hi-jacking" ours???

since you are doing so many gigs it would be better off with it's own thread, then I can come along & hi-jack it & tell everybody where we're playing

BTW whisky are playing the street party in thurso along with redwall.....

J. Fats Band dates as mentioned folks, be there or be at a diesel & dust gig

Default whats goíng on

i didnt mean to steal your thread. do you not think instead of going against each other that bands should support one another and make caithness a supreme county for music. life is for enjoying not stress
    remember me im annie gee :-)

Default This space

Where's Elvis appearing...or am I just being silly?
    Keep it country

i didnt mean to steal your thread. do you not think instead of going against each other that bands should support one another and make caithness a supreme county for music. life is for enjoying not stress
    The first dipute between two bands first happened in 1956 between the Burnside Skiffle group and the Teenagers, the first two young rock type bands in Caithness. No- one has worked with anyone else for long since without acrimonious disputes. Good luck with your attempt at sealing the chasm that lies between us.
    BTW, our replies to your post were done in good humour and why should we take offence? Mind you, not many peeps read D&D posts so maybe there was logic to your hijack.LOL

Perhaps since this is a forum and threads don't actually belond to anyone, I believe Gee to be quite right to post in this thread.

In fact, Astronot are playing in Rock in Dingwall on the 27th. Possibly playing another date on the 29th, but just waiting to confirm that.

There we go, now it's a community thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Perhaps since this is a forum and threads don't actually belond to anyone, I believe Gee to be quite right to post in this thread.

In fact, Astronot are playing in Rock in Dingwall on the 27th. Possibly playing another date on the 29th, but just waiting to confirm that.

There we go, now it's a community thread
    True to form, true to form. Some things never change. Nobody here complained about Gee's post but it seems that our sense of humour differs from yours.

I never said you did.

Surely with so many question marks, it seemed to be serious.

surely one can get people to read all about it by starting a "diesel & dust gigs" thread??? instead of "hi-jacking" ours???
    I left my sense of humour at work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I never said you did.

Surely with so many question marks, it seemed to be serious.

I left my sense of humour at work the other day
    Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first dipute between two bands first happened in 1956 between the Burnside Skiffle group and the Teenagers, the first two young rock type bands in Caithness. No- one has worked with anyone else for long since without acrimonious disputes. Good luck with your attempt at sealing the chasm that lies between us.
    BTW, our replies to your post were done in good humour and why should we take offence? Mind you, not many peeps read D&D posts so maybe there was logic to your hijack.LOL
    Now thats History there, thanks Gleber that was a good laugh. I did see the humor in Chobbers post but I guess its easy to misunderstand on a forum.

Hope all bands have a great Christmas and New Year and all the gigs go well.

Is any of the Burnside Skiffle Group or Teenagers stuff available on CD. I could do with a right good Lonnie Donnegan cover now with my beer

Cumberland Gap, Cumberland Gap, 15 mile to the Cumberland Gap

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Now thats History there, thanks Gleber that was a good laugh. I did see the humor in Chobbers post but I guess its easy to misunderstand on a forum.

Hope all bands have a great Christmas and New Year and all the gigs go well.

Is any of the Burnside Skiffle Group or Teenagers stuff available on CD. I could do with a right good Lonnie Donnegan cover now with my beer

Cumberland Gap, Cumberland Gap, 15 mile to the Cumberland Gap
    Not one of the musicians from the aforementioned bands are still playing and as far as recordings are concerned, you must be kidding! From the Glebe in 1956?

Not one of the musicians from the aforementioned bands are still playing and as far as recordings are concerned, you must be kidding! From the Glebe in 1956?
    Ah well it was wishful thinking. My mam used to tell me about the skiffle bands beacuse that was her thing and I grew up hearing it, double basses made out of tea chests, broom handles and piano wire spoons and washboards, now thats rock and roll!!

Seriously though, skiffle was awesome, I love listening to it. But I shouldn't be changing the subject.

GO SEE THE J.FATS BAND - Back Bridge Street Club, Wick on Sat 23rd, The Newmarket Bar, Thurso on the 24th(4 till whenever) and 26th(8 till late). Sutherland and son can be seen in the Grove Bar, Thurso on Mad Friday

Well now - Just for the record.

I'm NOT playing anywhere this weekend (Yippee)** (Played last night at the Thurso School Prom instead . . . . - Who played at Wick's?)

Been at it almost every weekend since July (O how boring and musically smug I must sound to the gig/musician starved masses)**

Anyway, all you that ARE playing I wish you well, a good Xmas/New Year etc. (break a leg).

O, did I mention Whisky are playing at Hogmany at the Thurso Street Bash . . . . . **

PS: ** Donates humour!! (just in case I offend some of our hypersensitive individuals out there!!)

Deemac
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

How this thread has meandered. Never before has a thread been invaded in such a way!!!Singularly childish attempt at wind up from one or two contributers but the wind up failed. It is so easy for everyone to start their own threads for their own gigs as has always happened before without playing silly games with other peoples posts. However, the public make up their minds, not by the publicity but by the quality of the music. If this game continues, havoc will result with continued hijacking of threads for whatever reason. None of us need this so all I can say to the Rock Mod and others is "Grow up".
    BTW, my new avatar was taken in the Orange Room in 1987 and is a photo of Chobbersjnr playing his first gig on guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Well now - Just for the record.

I'm NOT playing anywhere this weekend (Yippee)** (Played last night at the Thurso School Prom instead . . . . - Who played at Wick's?)

Been at it almost every weekend since July (O how boring and musically smug I must sound to the gig/musician starved masses)**

Anyway, all you that ARE playing I wish you well, a good Xmas/New Year etc. (break a leg).

O, did I mention Whisky are playing at Hogmany at the Thurso Street Bash . . . . . **

PS: ** Donates humour!! (just in case I offend some of our hypersensitive individuals out there!!)

Deemac
    Thurso street party.......could be a parody on an Alex Harvey song perhaps

I'm NOT SENSITIVE, just easily wound maybe I type more wound than I actually feel. Gee have some good gigs & don't drink to much, Oh aye &.......nah I won't.....................I might..................nah I won't

Deemac I'll bet you a minus figure that Whisky will pull more people than the JFB on hogmanay......

I was at the Orange Room that day in 1987.

Alex Harvey thats a good one Chobbers, Going to a parteh, going to the Thurso Streeet Parteh, going to a parteh, going to the Thurso Street Parteh!!

And this thread could be a beatles Parody "Long and Winding Thread"

I know where I'd be going if I was at home anyway, good luck guys!!!

Due to the fact that one of D & D is called Magee and the poster of the earlier posts is gee, it is rather obvious how easy it would be to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 7. I did and I apologise to gee and Magee for the confusion. From gee the hijack was OK. From Magee it would not have been in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast