Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This space.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Thank you for the last post. However the penny has not yet dropped!! Maybe my extreme age has done something to the memories vanishing.
    Come on G2... let that penny drop... put the wheels in motion and I'm sure you could get it!

[quote=DOC ROCK;175996]
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    old photos. However I jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun) and advertised my next gig in the same shameless way as Astronot and Diesel and Dust - ie I highjacked your thread.

It must be pointed out to you silversurfer, that you should check your facts before rushing in with your slanderous comments. NO member of Diesel n Dust has posted on this thread until now. The other posts with references to our band and gigs, was in fact by a friend and fan of the band, and absolutely nothing to do with us. We have no reason to "highjack" anybody's thread. Merry Christmas.

Ho Ho HO!!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Exclamation Santa's lost his marbles !

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post

Ho Ho HO!!!!!

Exactly, spot on!!!!
    Asinus asinum fricat

Good, I have found a stealable thread with a sympathetic threadster.

I am very down cast tonight. Today was our final band gig. Our drummer and our lead singer are moving to Glasgow. For you in Caithness to loose two of your best bandsters is one thing. Even The Pepsi Challenge returns for the occasional event. But Glasgow is 5000 miles away for us. So, Scotland you are getting a really fine drummer and I am not sure that our band will function too well without one.

Send any drummers you have this way, Canuck. Our current drummer is unwell at the moment.

Was great craic playing with the J. Fats Band. Was only meant to spend half an hour on stage with them - turned into a couple of hours... and on more than one day, as well. Strangely, it was the first - and probably only time - I'll ever see a collection plate being handed round a pub in order to get the band to keep playing, either. Fab time.

Incidentally I ended up playing the Forth Bar in Rosyth a few days later to a handful of punters who constantly asked me to play If I Were A Carpenter. It might have the Deaf Club in that night. Still, that's rock 'n' roll for you, I guess.

He arrives in Scotland on Tuesday and is looking for a connection.

The link is in my sig..

I've sent a PM.

Jeid is a lenient mod, but we might be crossing the line into the chatter zone.

Took a while but the penny finally dropped. Sent a CD to your brother. Wonder if he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    Dear Gleber - alas it is not Roger - remember his beautifully painted Telecaster done by Jane and Angie Campbell - great at the time but would probably be considered a crime against guitars today!
    Now I owe you an apology - the photo was found during a trip into the loft to get the christmas decorations and posted in response to your request for old photos. However I jumped on the bandwagon (excuse the pun) and advertised my next gig in the same shameless way as Astronot and Diesel and Dust - ie I highjacked your thread.
    My appearance in Crieff will be solo - playing the bagpipes at the wedding of a friend and ex Thurso girl.
    The only band I belong to is Thurso Pipeband where I have the dubious pleasure of being the oldest member. Unlike you, age and experience has not translated into skill and talent and I am left far behind by the youngsters coming up from the Caithness Junior Pipeband!
    Now surely the penny has dropped and you can sleep sound in the knowledge that you have solved the mystery of this thread highjacker.
    For my part I will return to practicising my doublings and grace notes in preparation for next week.
    With very best Thurso wishes to you and Jobbers, Silversurfer
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Jeid is a lenient mod, but we might be crossing the line into the chatter zone.
    Was a lenient mod, I've not got the time these days.

Well done Gleber2, took long enough for that penny to drop.

Well done! Yes, my brother was absolutely delighted and I met a lady last night that 'attends' the lighthouse gigs who was also raving about it.
    Congratulations also on the good review in the local papers.
    Till we meet again - regards, Silversurfer

hee hee hee
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Ah, it must be a "Prof" in the background playing with his lighting rig if I'm not mistaken!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123