Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: William & Kate

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    I did mean dissolution, thanks, but the pathetic fuss I refer to is the media coverage which is OTT and posts on the ORG only encourages this tripe. Its 2012 not 18 or1912 and its time to scrap the obcenity.
    You're right it is 2012, so presumably, you have a remote control which changes channels on your television, so you do not have to watch the media coverage. You do not have to buy newspapers. As for the Org, if you see a thread regarding the Royal Family - easy, do not read it. It is your choice what you read and what you watch.

It is exciting, just like the wedding and I do not begrudge the Royal Family anything. They bring a lot of money into Britain regardless and that is good.

I did mean dissolution, thanks, but the pathetic fuss I refer to is the media coverage which is OTT and posts on the ORG only encourages this tripe. Its 2012 not 18 or1912 and its time to scrap the obcenity.

I understand where you're coming from with the first sentence, but the articles won't stop, because, whether you like it or not, it will sell newspapers. The Royal Family are still insitu in 2012 because of the will of the people. If this was not so, then they would be long gone. William and Kate are loved by many, not just in Britain and the Commonwealth, but worldwide. So many, are eager to tap into the happiest news we've heard for a while and I count myself in their numbers. We all have a switch off button to quietly press if it becomes too much. It's what I do when talentless, nonentities, who masquerade as celebrities, constantly appear in the papers. It's not rocket science, is it? Lighten up Lassie.

I agree catran. Whether you agree with me or not, Caithness would struggle for tourists if it was'nt for the late Queen Mother. She certainly did not have to place The Castle Of Mey into a trust six years before her death, but she wanted to do something for the benefit of the community, and after reading some of the comments on here, it's a pity she bothered. Prince Charles did'nt have to initiate the Mey Selections brand and make sure they are promoted all over the country. He does'nt even have to come up here every year, but he does.

of course Prince Charles comes here, goes to the Mey Games, spends a day on Stroma now and again to get away from the maddening crowd and hopefully his sons and heirs will follow in his footsteps as he did with the Queen mother, his grannie.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    I agree catran. Whether you agree with me or not, Caithness would struggle for tourists if it was'nt for the late Queen Mother. She certainly did not have to place The Castle Of Mey into a trust six years before her death, but she wanted to do something for the benefit of the community, and after reading some of the comments on here, it's a pity she bothered. Prince Charles did'nt have to initiate the Mey Selections brand and make sure they are promoted all over the country. He does'nt even have to come up here every year, but he does.
    Last edited by catran; 05-Dec-12 at 00:14. Reason: spelling

I'm not knocking him catran, what I am saying is, as his grandmother has now passed away, he does not have to. He never actually stayed in the castle when his grandmother was alive. The fact that the castle is open to the general public brings a lot of money to the area, and that would not have happened without the generosity of the Queen Mother. Things will probably be different when he ascends the throne, because the Castle Of Mey is not an official residence.

Royalists honestly what are you like.

Royalists honestly what are you like.
    Loyal, loving, respectful and good looking!

Loyal to who ?
    Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    Loyal, loving, respectful and good looking!

You could always watch braveheart or news clips of Mr Salmond to get you all patriotic again
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    You could always watch braveheart or news clips of Mr Salmond to get you all patriotic again

It is possible to be patriotic without having to be a subservient royalist. Millions do it every day.
    Last edited by Flynn; 05-Dec-12 at 15:57.

thats nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    It is possible to be patriotic with having to be a subservient royalist. Millions do it every day.

Normally when a woman receiving state benefits gets pregnant, people get really annoyed about it. But you know bread and circuses and all that... celebrate peasants!

Quote Originally Posted by RecQuery View Post
    Normally when a woman receiving state benefits gets pregnant, people get really annoyed about it. But you know bread and circuses and all that... celebrate peasants!
    Ah! But Kate is married to a man in full-time employment, who works hard and pays taxes; performs ambassadorial duties ... gratis, for the benefit of Britain, (expenses only, of course,) and costs the country nowt more than he's entitled to. Do you see the difference? S'pect you do! Let the party begin.

Totally agree.They work very hard for Britain and are great ambassadors for the country
    Ah! But Kate is married to a man in full-time employment, who works hard and pays taxes; performs ambassadorial duties ... gratis, for the benefit of Britain, (expenses only, of course,) and costs the country nowt more than he's entitled to. Do you see the difference? S'pect you do! Let the party begin.

Good news for me would be the desolution of the monarchy, a new birth in any family is good news but PLEASE stop all this pathetic fuss.
    The chip on your shoulder grows bigger with every posting piratelassie.
    The pathetic fuss by the media sells newspapers - who buys newspapers?
    I don't.
    As you say a new birth in any family is good news, so let's just wish them well; and let's remember this baby has no choice as to which family it's born into.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    The chip on your shoulder grows bigger with every posting piratelassie.
    The pathetic fuss by the media sells newspapers - who buys newspapers?
    I don't.
    As you say a new birth in any family is good news, so let's just wish them well; and let's remember this baby has no choice as to which family it's born into.
    Totally agree with you here Gronnuck, just let us wish the bairn and its parents all the best for the furture.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Whoosh... something about turkeys voting for Christmas and the emperor having no clothes. Either that or some very well executed satire, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes - reminiscent of Poe's Law and all that.

Said the master to his students,and all that
    Whoosh... something about turkeys voting for Christmas and the emperor having no clothes. Either that or some very well executed satire, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes - reminiscent of Poe's Law and all that.
    Last edited by bcsman; 05-Dec-12 at 13:39.

Is this it? You offer no evidence of anything and seem unable to discredit the facts I wrote! Poe's Law? You're having a laugh ..... right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast