Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: William & Kate

Default William & Kate

Its nice to hear a bit of good news for a change. Wills and Kate expecting their first baby

Yes,its good new indeed,delighted for them both
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Since when did somebody you don't know getting pregnant be news worthy?
    Why not start a thread for every one of the 2000 odd pregnancies that happen every day?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Dark cloud of doom rears his ugly head again
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Since when did somebody you don't know getting pregnant be news worthy?
    Why not start a thread for every one of the 2000 odd pregnancies that happen every day?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip View Post
    Its nice to hear a bit of good news for a change. Wills and Kate expecting their first baby
    Ah yes, deep joy for us all during these hard times.

An incredibly wealthy young couple have managed to take the first step into parent-hood; I bet the nanny's already chosen.

That's certainly better than all the news about the Government cutting benefits for the disabled; gives one a warm cuddly glow!

this is a positive thread!!! All you hear is doom & gloom on the news so lets be POSITIVE

I am happy for them
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

totally agree with you chocolatechip but this will be hijacked by the agents of doom,its all ready started by alrock,hes not a happy man
    this is a positive thread!!! All you hear is doom & gloom on the news so lets be POSITIVE

Hold the presses, over-priveleged family conceive a child, just like any other family on the planet. Cue 9 months of tabloid hysteria and speculation. My mrs wasn't given a hospital bed when she had morning sickness.
    Last edited by Flynn; 03-Dec-12 at 19:56.

Yes, it's fantastic news. Let the celebrations begin.

Some not many suffer so badly from morning sickness they need to go to hospital, she is very thin in the first place which wouldnt help.

How is that news more positive than the news of any punter who proclaims pregnancy?

I am here to proclaim that I am going to be a great-granny (like the Queen) on 12th February 2013 (or thereabouts)..and my great-grandchild is not going to be born with a silver spoon in his/her mouth, a crown on his/her head and is not going to be expecting that the taxpayer will keep him/her in the manner to which his/her parents have been accustomed. So who is going to be drooling sycophantically over the fact that my grand-daughter is pregnant? Nobody? I thought not!

I've never quite understood the penchant for celebrity which exists in the UK today...and in the end threads/posts about a monarchy, and their adherents are about as interesting as the fact that Katie Price has had five boob jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    ...their adherents are about as interesting as the fact that Katie Price has had five boob jobs.
    I find it very disturbing that is an odd number of boobs.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

Hey ho! Here we go again. More monarchical mayhem as another potential mouth with a silver spoon inserted from birth is helped on its way to life's rich tapestry by the taxpayer. Is it too much to ask that in the 21st century this bit of news be treated with thunderous mediocrity?
    I do not wish anything but good health to the participants in what is going to be overdrive news pap for the next god knows how long.
    Last edited by embow; 03-Dec-12 at 20:19.
    You'll never talk alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    How is that news more positive than the news of any punter who proclaims pregnancy?

I am here to proclaim that I am going to be a great-granny (like the Queen) on 12th February 2013 (or thereabouts)..and my great-grandchild is not going to be born with a silver spoon in his/her mouth, a crown on his/her head and is not going to be expecting that the taxpayer will keep him/her in the manner to which his/her parents have been accustomed. So who is going to be drooling sycophantically over the fact that my grand-daughter is pregnant? Nobody? I thought not!

I've never quite understood the penchant for celebrity which exists in the UK today...and in the end threads/posts about a monarchy, and their adherents are about as interesting as the fact that Katie Price has had five boob jobs.
    Ooh! er! OQ. What is this contribution from the "taxpayer" to Prince William, his wife and as yet unborn baby? I know William receives a salary for his important job as a helicopter pilot and receives expenses to cover his Royal engagements, but I must admit, I'm not aware of anything else that is drawn from the nations' pot. Perhaps you could clarify, please?

Congratulations to you, the family and your grand-daughter on your expected new arrival. I always love to hear such good news! Make love, not war, I say!

George Brims - Indeed it is very "disturbing."

Quote Originally Posted by M Swanson View Post
    Ooh! er! OQ. What is this contribution from the "taxpayer" to Prince William, his wife and as yet unborn baby? I know William receives a salary for his important job as a helicopter pilot and receives expenses to cover his Royal engagements, but I must admit, I'm not aware of anything else that is drawn from the nations' pot. Perhaps you could clarify, please?
    Hmmm, where to start....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4406689/.html
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15606713
    http://www.showbizspy.com/article/21...0-million.html

There's 3 examples just from a quick Google search....

Besides, it's not just about the money, even if they didn't cost us a penny I'd still stand by my original statement...

"Since when did somebody you don't know getting pregnant be news worthy?
    Why not start a thread for every one of the 2000 odd pregnancies that happen every day?"

“We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Money well spent i say,if i was them i would have spent alot more,after all its the scroungers that have no intentions of working that are the real drain on this country
    Hmmm, where to start....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4406689/.html
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15606713
    http://www.showbizspy.com/article/21...0-million.html

Besides, it's not just about the money, even if they didn't cost us a penny I'd still stand by my original statement...

Why not start a thread for every one of the 2000 odd pregnancies that happen every day?"

I will never fail to be amazed at the brainwashed idiots who get excited about very rich privileged royals whose forefathers were the biggest gangsters and murderers,that took everything from these idiots ancestors.They still do to a large extent,but they do not need to steal and kill any more as they have it all!

Hmmm, where to start....

Thanks for the links, but of course, none of them answered the question I asked. I had to laugh at the BBC's effort, though! They made a song and dance about the cost to taxpayers for home improvements, but then stated the estimated cost was unknown. That tickled me! If you reread my post, I did state that William and Catherine received expenses for Royal engagements and quite right too, imo! I was asking specifically for any payments from the taxpayer, over and above this. Perhaps OQ can help?

As for the reference to William and Catherine's wedding, they paid for it themselves. It wasn't them who insisted on such stringent, costly security measures, but as we're discussing our future King and Queen, I'm grateful that somebody did. I never resented my contribution of 50p a year to pay for the Royal Family. Darn good value, but then I don't envy anyone anything.

Well, I don't know OQ's grand-daughter, but I'm pleased as punch that the family are to be blessed with a new addition! I love good news and joyful occasions.

Could not agree more, well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by octumnal View Post
    I will never fail to be amazed at the brainwashed idiots who get excited about very rich privileged royals whose forefathers were the biggest gangsters and murderers,that took everything from these idiots ancestors.They still do to a large extent,but they do not need to steal and kill any more as they have it all!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast