Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any RJ Ellory fans out there?

Default Any RJ Ellory fans out there?

Any RJ Ellory fans out there? He will be coming up to Wick on Saturday 9th of Feb. 1013. He will be doing a day long workshop on the Sunday (if you want a place get in touch. Space is limited.) , and giving a talk on Sunday night - both in McKay's Hotel ballroom. The talk is open - everyone welcome.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

anyone interested there has been a change of plan. He will be hosting an all day workshop on saturday 8th, and giving a talk on Saturday night at 7.00 pm. He is a very entertaining speaker, and its free. so pop along before you go wherever of an evening, and start your night off. Please support us.

Unfortunately, I live hundreds of miles away from Wick. I would have loved to have attended tomorrow, because, in addition to him being a Best Seller, he's had a quite a few tragedies in his life, as well as a bit of criticism. It should be a very interesting day and good luck to you Katarina. I hope folks take up the invitation.

We had a great day. He spoke about his recent bad press, about being branded a sock-puppeteer. Apparently his wife posted a good review of every book he wrote one a year -the press made a meal of it.
    I don't care it it was himself on her account or his wife, he is still a brilliant writer and did not need the extra reviews.
    He is very personable and interesting and I hope he comes back.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

His wife, huh? Why then did she sign her posts with his name?

Seriously now, blaming the wife is the most common excuse for sock puppetry I encounter on my forum. Yes, sock puppets are almost exclusively men on my forum, but evidently not on this one - which I find rather interesting....

PS Did you read the posts on your other Ellory thread
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 24-Feb-13 at 01:41.

I can't see what the fuss is about here. So, the writer tried to promote his own book ........ big deal! I'm sure worse strokes than this have been pulled by other successful people. It was naughty to criticise the opposition and Ellory must be aware of this now. At least he held his hands up to it, which is quite rare these days. And as for "sock puppets," toooooo funny SiS.