Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: bowling ally/all star factory - not a recommendation!

Default bowling ally/all star factory - not a recommendation!

just thought people might like to know what the food side of the bowling ally in thurso is like. my partner and i went there for lunch today, and it was the worst!service we have seen yet anywhere!
    we orderd our food, then had to wait almost 30 mins for it, then when it finally arrived they got the order wrong, and the food was cold. i asked for a fresh hotdog, because the one i got was cold, and all they had done was put it in the mircowave, this made the roll too hot, and the sausages rubbery. it made me feel ill.
    my partners fish was rubbery and cold, and he got food he didnt ask for(salad).
    when we complanied tothe waitress(whom had not asked how our food was), she was cheeky, lied to our faces about the hotdog(said it was new, ob. rubbish!) and said
    "im sure you can unuderstand it is hard to serve when you work in a busy resurant". the place was not busy, the bar was neary empty, and there was 2 tables of people, 1 of wholm were staff.
    she would not take us serisoly. we have had trouble with food there before, and i would highly recommend you dont go there. they've just put the prices up, and the service is getting worse.
    hardly any dounrey appernts go there at lunch from college, because they hate it too.
    its going downhill, go go with it.

stainless

You should of refused to pay for your meal and complained to the manager! there's not much they can do if you haven't eaten it! More people should know there rights and act on them.

I too have noticed how service, whether in restaurants or shops, has been on a downward spiral for a long time, it's the same anywhere you go now, you will be lucky to get even basic manners these days!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default reply

well, since that incedint we havnt gone back. i am also now happier sending things back and complainging. although in quite alot of place they make you feel tiny and stupid for complaining.
    i also know what the manager is like in the bowling ally. she would have been the same as the waitress. arrogent and stuck up!

Anonymous Guest

No reason not to complain though - just let them know that the service they provide is not up to standard, if you dont others will suffer.

Default hmmm...

I don't know bout the restaurant side, but I get lunch from the bar when i'm at college and it comes in under five minues, hot too. I would say about 80% of the dounray boys at college get their lunch at the Bowling ally. The food is a bit expensive though.

just my opinion, don't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Riff

Default Arrogant?!

If you ask me, ur the arrogant one. Get ur facts straight b4 mouthing off. I am a member of the college and most of my friends r dounrey aprentices and i no 4 a fact they all eat at the viking bowl, i no this bcoz i do to. waiters and waiteresses at the viking bowl hav more 2 do than wait on arrogant customers.so the food mite hav been cold wen u got it but i no u'll find the same thing happens in others restaurants around the world. the manager is not arrogant and stuck up, i no her. so if u dont like eating ther, then dont. i'm sure it's not a big loss to them.

well the fact is mate, i did used to word there, during lunch times too. i know the mager and she dosnt even speak to me now because i quit. i would work during rush hours by my self, and then get in trouble if i got it wrong. also, would you say £2.80 is an acctable wage for a 17 yr old? that place has whats coming to it. so i speak from personal experince, it sucks.
    and i am aware that you can get cold food in other restraunts, but whenever iv complained to them, they dont give me cheek, and they give refunds without even having to ask!

Everyone has the right to there own personal opinion.

I was there lately with my g/f we had food mines was ok nothing to rave about......but the macaroni i ordered had a distinct lack of cheese (I think there was around 9 strands of grated cheese) so it was kind of bland........i didnt bother to complain i just paid the bill.

I can however say im sure i will go back again to use the bowling facilities or the cinema but i think i will give the food a miss.

This is just a personal opinion......in no-way am i saying dont go there for food, If ya like the food then fine if you havent eaten there before then give it a go and make your own mind up.

peanutpete Guest

Default Waste of money the Bowling Galley

The food in the bowling 'galley' has always been crap.
    lets not kid ourselves, the food comes under the guise of decent scran, but is infact all boiled in the same incontinence bag as a mass producing food supplier ... namely Brake Brothers (we've all seen the vans) , the Central (incompetent at having bolognaise pizza at any time of the week) also rely on these processed food dealers.

you'd be cheaper off getting a take away from 'Massum Balti' (mahonwalla chicken) in high ormlie and then getting some wine from binends (banrock station chardonnay)

the galley deserves to be ignored for the way it ignored the local tradesmen who helped build the place and then had to go home to tell their families that the doc had gone bust only to discover that he had signed the place to his wifes name with the aid of his solicitor brother or sister .. or whatever it was they 'established'

smell the corruption

if you have any morals you will avoid the bowling alley as a point of principle

otherwise.... go and watch a movie, take yer own popcorn and juice ..... enjoy ! (but not at the profit of others)

blueneep Guest

i was at the cinema up there last year when the latest Lord of the Ring film came out.
    half way through the film the fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated out of the building... After about 15 minutes in the cold we were allowed back in (alarm was due to an electrical fault). The film was still running and hadnt been stopped for us so we had missed about 20 minutes of film.

After the film finished we waited for half an hour for the manager (think she was hiding)to claim our money back.

But we were advised that due to the film bieng 3 hours long we only missed a small "unimportant" part of the film,she would not offer us a refund or any good will gesture and advised us that we should of stayed in the cinema and not left the building like everyone else therfore not missing any of the film.

I have had poor service from the restaurant side before but thought i would give them the benifit of the doubt.

Poor Service and wont be going there again...

andrew.bowles Guest

i have worked in various restaurants for over 20years and have had my own for 5years.please dont tar everyone with the same brush catering is a hard job with long hours but there is no excuse for rudeness to a customer maybe if the staff training was implemented a bit more activley incidents like these would be rare just bite your tongue and smile works everytime or you could call into cafe berriedale and be guaranteed excellent service and good hot food

rs Guest

Have you tried to bowl there? The lanes at the ends seem to be sloping, so it is useless playing on them. Pathetic .

RandomHero, you seem offended that people dare to complain about the food and service and the All Star Factory. Quite frankly, if someone wants to complain they have a right to. When we walk into a place to eat, we're not just paying for food, we're paying for service, too!

Let's face it, the only way for a business providing a service to the public to progress is if people complain and point out (esp in a polite manner) what's wrong with the service etc.

I've had problems there, too. Haven't been back since I was spoken to rudely by one of the management. Might go back to see if that person's attitude's had a tune up, but I'm in no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by blueneep
    i was at the cinema up there last year when the latest Lord of the Ring film came out.
    half way through the film the fire alarm went off and we were all evacuated out of the building... After about 15 minutes in the cold we were allowed back in (alarm was due to an electrical fault). The film was still running and hadnt been stopped for us so we had missed about 20 minutes of film.

After the film finished we waited for half an hour for the manager (think she was hiding)to claim our money back.

But we were advised that due to the film bieng 3 hours long we only missed a small "unimportant" part of the film,she would not offer us a refund or any good will gesture and advised us that we should of stayed in the cinema and not left the building like everyone else therfore not missing any of the film.

I have had poor service from the restaurant side before but thought i would give them the benifit of the doubt.

Poor Service and wont be going there again...

I went to see Kill Bill at the Cameo in Edinburgh. It was freezing cold throughout the entire movie. I complained afterward and was offered a full refund. Quality service. Then, just a wee while ago, I took my partner to see Revenge of the Sith. Halfway through the film, the sound went off, thus missing crucial dialogue from the film (I know people don't watch Star Wars for its script, but hey...). Afterward, we complained - as did many others - we were offered a full refund and tickets to any other film in the theatre. Take note All Star Factory.

Default SAME

its absoloutly discusting there i w8ed about 30mins and then they gave me the wrong food and the food is so boring and dear!!
    You may as well talk to the fins cause i tel you something
    the fish aint listning