Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

Listening to the Long Ryders, "Psychedelic Country Soul". It's their first since 1987 and well worth the wait. Didn't Sid Griffin the singer play the Pentland, back when Wildcat was putting on gigs?

The new Dylan album. Have listened to it a few times and like it, not sure how it compares to his other stuff yet.

One of the few good points about living in the Deep South is that music shops are open again. Edinburgh's lost a few over the last couple of years: Coda (retired), Record Shak (passed away), Hogshead (closed, but now selling online) and now Unknown Pleasures (not reopening after lockdown but
    staying online
    ). There are still a few open for old fools like me who don't stream or buy on the internet, but who knows for how long?

I still miss Shearer's in the Arcade!

am now listening to Post Modern Jukebox a Great Idea

The first LP by Lyonesse, from 1974, replacing one lost many moons ago. They were a French/Swiss/ English folk band who had a couple of albums out with different line-ups before they all went on to do their own things.

30-odd years later I ran into the fiddle-player at Celtic Connections and mentioned my dad and I had found their first 2 LPs in the Music Shop in Thurso. He went outside, and I could see him on his mobile: he came back in and said he'd been on the phone to his wife and she thought that might have been all they'd sold in Scotland.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234