Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Riverside House care Home

Default Riverside House care Home

I found an interesting article in today's Press and Journal concerning Riverside House Care Home. Is this unique to this family or have others had problems with this Home????

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
    I found an interesting article in today's Press and Journal concerning Riverside House Care Home. Is this unique to this family or have others had problems with this Home????
    that would depend on the content of the article

Is the article online too?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Looks like you have to subscribe to see the digital edition of the P&J. Perhaps someone could summarize the main points of the article for us?
    As some folk here know, my mum has been in Riverside House for a number of years. She's paralyzed and wheelchair bound by a stroke. We have never had a problem with her care there, and I'm pretty convinced that had she not been in their care she would be gone by now. She's totally dependent and can't feed herself, and I know what that means in lesser facilities. We only get to visit her on trips home from the States, but every time we visit we see many of the same old faces, also still keeping on due to the care and attention they get there.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

can you share the link with us, sounds interesting!

The inspection reports are all available on line if people want to look for them. In this age of information there will always be opportunities for people to make their subjective views known. If anyone is contemplating using the home they should consider all opinions 'in the round' and take time to visit, speak to staff, residents and their relatives. A good home will welcome such interest. I have no connection to Riverside House but have years of experience in the care industry.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou