Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Macintosh

Anonymous Guest

I am trying to trace my family history.

My paternal grandfather, Alexander George Cowper Macintosh (note different spelling) was born on 4 May 1879. According to his birth cert, (difficult to read) he was born at Lom'sburgh, Wick. Can anyone help with this location?

His parents were a Kenneth Macintosh and an Isabella Cowper who were married in Aberdeen in 1878. No further information.

Siblings were Kenny, Dan, Frank, Bella, Ewen, and Duncan.

Isabella Cowper died at a young age and the children were apparently placed in an Orphanage at Aberlour.

My grandfather subsequently settled in the Angus area.

Any information would be of assistance.

Anonymous Guest

Ewen

I think it would be Louisburgh, not Lomsburgh. Louisburgh was the area behind and to the west of High Street.

Anonymous Guest

According to the 1881 census this family were living in Louisburgh Road where Kenneth was a sawmiller. Kenneth was age 30 and born in Grantown, Elgin. Isabella age 27, born in Nairn. Children Kenneth age 3 born Aberdeen, Alexander G C age 1 born in Wick and Duncan D age 2 months also born Wick. The name is spelt McIntosh on the census.

Hope this helps

Anonymous Guest

Extremely helpful

Thanks very much Kathy