Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Car Washing In Thurso

Default Car Washing In Thurso

Hey, I'm a 13 year old girl trying to make a little extra money and I noticed people don't like people my age walking their dog without insurance so I decided to start a little car washing business. I haven't PROPERLY started but i was wondering before I go out to buy all the equipment who would be interested? If I was to do this the prices would be this

£10 per car
    +£3 for wax (if wanted

*NOTE;I HAVEN'T PROPERLY STARTED IM JUST ASKING WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED!*

I normally wash my own car alongside my partners and his fathers. Some weeks i just don't have the time and in these weeks I'd be interested.

I'm guessing it would be buckets and a sponge you'd be using? In my experience using buckets alone often leads to half a job whereas a hose makes a complete job. You may need to re-evaluate your prices per car.
    Would you do a multiple car discount? Also would that be just the outside of a car? Would this price include (as long as hoover is provided by owner of said car) cleaning the inside of the car too?

I applaud you for wanting to work for your money. Not many teenagers would be wiling do the same. You've got a good work ethic and its good you are wanting to work for your money.

I wouldn't need it all the time but defintly every so often on weeks that i don't have the time to do it myself. Please let me know when you are up and running.

Thanks for the feedback.

I proberly would use a hose If I was to do this, I am buying all the equipment myself (Like the Car Wax and Tyre Shine) I Would do the inside of a car as long as a hoover was provided by the owner of the car.

As for the multi car discount, I didn't think of that so I am completely unsure of that, as I havn't thought of a price,

I will most like go forward with my idea but I will have a separate thread all together once I get all the equipment,

Good on you ! Love to see youngsters with initiative !

Have you thought about the cost of insurance? If you accidentally scratch or damage someone's car you need to be covered.

Good luck with your venture.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Have you thought about the cost of insurance? If you accidentally scratch or damage someone's car you need to be covered.

Good luck with your venture.
    Or a disclaimer that you are not responsible for any accidental damage caused....
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."